Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    capguncowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bluff City, TN
    Posts
    6,085
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePowerMinis View Post
    I'd just about bet that eBay guy never sees the product, and drop-ships from Amazon. He pays $15 or so, still pockets a quick $20 on each.
    Closer to $35
    I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying. I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did -- not like his screaming passengers

  2. #12
    Senior Member FirePowerMinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    Closer to $35
    Minus final value fee on item and shipping, PP fees.

  3. #13
    capguncowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bluff City, TN
    Posts
    6,085
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePowerMinis View Post
    Minus final value fee on item and shipping, PP fees.
    $112 - 13% (ebay and paypal fees) - $62 (cost of tire) = $35.44
    I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying. I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did -- not like his screaming passengers

  4. #14
    Senior Member FirePowerMinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    $112 - 13% (ebay and paypal fees) - $62 (cost of tire) = $35.44
    Doing math that far past my bedtime is bad :) But, tire seems to be $52+12 P&H so you're still way less wronger than my WAG. At least IF he's doing the dropship thingie. I didn't see if my Prime or order quantity changed anything. LSS, eBay dude is profiting, contrary to what WackoKid, a clear Dale Carnegie program dropout, was spewing. LOL Peace and put-put FTW

    Regardless, I'm still raw from paying $107 last month in FVFs alone. Now, to see if FedEx bill works out to match the eBay calculator... UGH
    Last edited by FirePowerMinis; 05-17-2018 at 07:23 AM.

  5. #15
    capguncowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bluff City, TN
    Posts
    6,085
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePowerMinis View Post
    Doing math that far past my bedtime is bad :) But, tire seems to be $52+12 P&H so you're still way less wronger than my WAG. At least IF he's doing the dropship thingie. I didn't see if my Prime or order quantity changed anything. LSS, eBay dude is profiting, contrary to what WackoKid, a clear Dale Carnegie program dropout, was spewing. LOL Peace and put-put FTW

    Regardless, I'm still raw from paying $107 last month in FVFs alone. Now, to see if FedEx bill works out to match the eBay calculator... UGH
    Yeah, i was assuming the seller was using a dropship method.

    Since UPS started offering discounts through Paypal, I stopped using FedEx. USPS is cheaper on small packages, but UPS has them beat on anything over 12x12x12 and most heavy packages, especially when shipping west of the Mississippi.

    To use Paypal's UPS shipping option, follow this link. You may have to sign in first. They also offer USPS shipping on there so you can compare rates between the two. Discounts aren't added right away, so it may be a few days before it kicks in

    https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
    I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of dying. I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my father did -- not like his screaming passengers

  6. #16
    Senior Member markus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Southwest Florida
    Posts
    10,919
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Harquebus View Post
    Are these tires a replica or re-release of themselves or are they replicas of Rupp Trials tires (without the name).... or were the Rupp Trials in fact made by Coker back in the day?

    I know Rupp didn't make their own tires but they had the wherewithal to have their name placed on the sidewall...

    Or am I way off and not even close?
    I'm not sure who the original company was that made that tire, just as they are from coker stamped ones today they were a Taiwan made/based company. I want to say that they were the same as Adrans but I am not sure if they were the actual manufacturer or a distributor that just got their name stamped on them like Rupp did.

    If they had had them stamped "Rupp" that would have only covered a very small amount of bikes, I actually think what got the ball rolling to get those remade may have been Arctic cat restorers/enthusiasts. The size and style itself was a really smart one to pick, Carlisle had the 4.00x6" Knobby which is pretty much the same in size and style, so this particular tire covers A LOT of different bikes from 1969-earlier 70's where there was a void for a good fitting off the shelf tire as they are the in between of the 4.10x3.50 and the 5.30x4.50 and in some cases the only thing that will fit without modification.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Ding Ding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ramsey, MN
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by markus View Post
    I'm not sure who the original company was that made that tire, just as they are from coker stamped ones today they were a Taiwan made/based company. I want to say that they were the same as Adrans but I am not sure if they were the actual manufacturer or a distributor that just got their name stamped on them like Rupp did.

    If they had had them stamped "Rupp" that would have only covered a very small amount of bikes, I actually think what got the ball rolling to get those remade may have been Arctic cat restorers/enthusiasts. The size and style itself was a really smart one to pick, Carlisle had the 4.00x6" Knobby which is pretty much the same in size and style, so this particular tire covers A LOT of different bikes from 1969-earlier 70's where there was a void for a good fitting off the shelf tire as they are the in between of the 4.10x3.50 and the 5.30x4.50 and in some cases the only thing that will fit without modification.
    I concur. I believe Jeff Mihalko of Restoration Specialties and Jim Kise of Blackwidow Motorsports both played a significant part in both the initial run of Coker Trials and this more recent supply.

  8. #18
    Havasu Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    8,699
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ding Ding View Post
    I concur. I believe Jeff Mihalko of Restoration Specialties and Jim Kise of Blackwidow Motorsports both played a significant part in both the initial run of Coker Trials and this more recent supply.
    And maybe Corky from Coker? The Cat (HPE Muskin) guys benefited from this as well as some of the rear tires on the Eliminator, Dominator, Slingshot, Hustler and a few more were this size. So good on them for doing it.

    On the same subject, some vintage kart tires are all but extinct. I just bought a set of Vintage Speed tires from that company, and I know at least Louie (on here) had some input and helped with the project. Thankfully, there are folks like this in these hobbies who spend their time and effort making these tires available to us. I know there isn't a bunch of money in it, but hopefully enough to reward their efforts.

  9. #19
    Senior Member FirePowerMinis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    771
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by capguncowboy View Post
    Yeah, i was assuming the seller was using a dropship method.

    Since UPS started offering discounts through Paypal, I stopped using FedEx. USPS is cheaper on small packages, but UPS has them beat on anything over 12x12x12 and most heavy packages, especially when shipping west of the Mississippi.

    To use Paypal's UPS shipping option, follow this link. You may have to sign in first. They also offer USPS shipping on there so you can compare rates between the two. Discounts aren't added right away, so it may be a few days before it kicks in

    https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/
    The 3 I just did were all over 70lbs. 2 4-speed aluminum case car trans' and a Mopar 8-3/4 3.91 Sure Grip center section. Back hurt for a few days. I've shopped carriers a lot, and agree, moderate sized items are USPS, especially is a Flat Rate or Regional box works.

  10. #20
    Ajf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Akron Ohio
    Posts
    1,105
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Harquebus View Post
    Are these tires a replica or re-release of themselves or are they replicas of Rupp Trials tires (without the name).... or were the Rupp Trials in fact made by Coker back in the day?

    I know Rupp didn't make their own tires but they had the wherewithal to have their name placed on the sidewall...

    Or am I way off and not even close?
    These are exact replicas of Rupp trials. They used to say Rupp but had to remove the name later on.

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •