Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    19" wheels and 50 tooth rear sprocket won't let the engine rev to its potential. An engine with a cam will want to rev a lot higher. It won't have the low end grunt and that is why it can't go over 4000 rpm under load. It just doesn't have the tq and hp to pull harder under load.
    Switch the 50 tooth to a 72 tooth and the engine will be able to rev out to 7500 rpm or so. Also your acceleration will be much better.
    You can try a 60 tooth but you'll no doubt end up going bigger to let it rev.
    JMO
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its students.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Ok was thinking maybe the black mamba senior cam just wasnt even getting started with the tav and low rpms, i had it on a clutch and coleman engine 19 inch wheel etc and it reved to 7000k np. so i ordered a black mamba jr cam since there a torque you think a 60 tooth and the black mamba jr would be a good combo. Or just go and stick with a 72 seems like it would have a ton of down low lol. The jr cams in tomorrow throw that one in with the 50 hope to see some type of improvement, i went from the 38 it came with to the 50 tooth since it was cheap and on amazon.

i purchused the 60 tooth hopefully it will be able to rev alittle more the 72 tooth for the trailmaster bike i have is like almost 60 dollars lol from go power sports a little expensive.
    Last edited by mrstealthrttt; 07-15-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    You just have to search the internet or google what you want. GPS and OMB can get pricey and then of course you have to add the shipping.
    I was going to order a decal from OMB. It was small, cost $1. They wanted $7.99 to ship it !!!
    You could put it in an envelope with a 50 cent stamp and mail it, but $8 ?
    Their answer is spend $99 and shipping is free.
    No Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well the black mamb jr is in unfortunately i bent the driver back plate on my tav getting it off the crankshaft so im waiting on a new one to come in the mail, im thinking thaat the jr will just all around be a better cam for a tav set up. i may throw the sr on a cltuch engine or just sell it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    If you are still not happy with the 10/60 gearing can't you get a 9 or 8 tooth for the TAV? Cheaper than getting that huge 72 rear sprocket.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Definitely try the 60 tooth first with the jr cam. If you get some good rpm with that, than you are good to go.
    When will the new clutch arrive?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    should be here by this weekend hopefully. i stoped by my mini bike shop and the owner talked me into a different weight itself for the driver unit say should also help me pick up some rpms.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Driver weight or springs will only pickup launch rpm,not rear driver spoolup..seems you pick up torque with larger rear wheel sprocket but it makes driven spool up sooner so to compensate need stiffer spring in driven or move existing spring to tighten setting..at least has been my experience w tavs
    Last edited by Raskin; 07-18-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456