Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Man on that carb....these seem huge..

"I used a 1/16 drill bit on the outside (emulsion) jet, and the next size up (3/32?) "
    Very huge. It's kinda hard to drill a jet when all you have are 1/16", 5/64", 3/32", 7/64"... It pays to have an 80-60 wire gauge drill set.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I think it was hot rod minibikes that have a "power up" kit for this bike. Has a header and filter.

From what I recall I may have bought my drill bits for jetting from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS289 View Post
    Yeah. I would say you effed it up. Problem is, where do you get jets and e tube for that carb to correct what you have done?

I do not see too many posts here concerning that engine or for that matter the 100U bike itself. You may have to research where to find these parts. The Coleman website only has a parts list for the 200U.

I was just watching a you tube video where a guy with a 100U rigged his throttle linkage to bypass the governor and claimed to get speeds into the 30 mph range and as high as over 40 downhill. He also added a smaller rear sprocket to get a little extra speed. Not sure how long that engine will last the way he's running it.

I did a little tweaking to mine and have got it up to 37 mph. Basically all ive done is mess with the governor/throttle linkage, removed governor and re worked the throttle linkage so it opens the throttle body 100%. Drilled some holes on the air box as well but not sure that actually does anything.

I just ordered some mini drill bits, think I might try opening up my main jet a hair just to see if it gets me another mph or 2.

Can only go so fast with a little 100cc engine and my 200 lb self on it though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS289 View Post
    I think it was hot rod minibikes that have a "power up" kit for this bike. Has a header and filter.

From what I recall I may have bought my drill bits for jetting from them.
    I saw that kit, looks like header, filter, and a drill bit to drill out the main jet larger...would like to hear some feedback from it, curious if it actually makes that thing any quicker. I cant imagine it does a whole bunch lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12