Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

18HP Briggs powered Heald Hauler

Greetings everyone. Decided to sign up and scan over some info for the Hauler I picked up awhile back. I haven't done much with it since I got it. So I have decided to see what I can do to freshen It up this coming year. It runs good, no real issues mechanically that I can see right off. It does have some small things, lights, side panels put back on, seat made up, currently has a boat cushion on it. The previous owner narrowed the seat too. Then just look everything over on it good. It has forward and reverse both of which work good. With a 18hp Briggs engine. Dump box is solid. All an all I think it was a good project investment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    There's a couple guys on here with real nice Haulers...MarkG is one he did a full resto. Use the Google custom search box above and keep us posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I would check the differential, the Peerless brand ones always are loose. And try to twist in half. The comet was a perfect upgrade in latter production. The transmission is fine quality but don't like the secondary clutch to be moving during shifts. I been running a thicker oil/grease, helps a lot. Otherwise I try to ride it everyday, had to lower tire pressure for the snow here. They have been lots of fun . I take long slow/adventures on mine! Ya wont get there very fast, but lots of fun getting there! lol last fall my differential slipped gear/spline, Got towed home from a Kia Soul... that was odd!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Anything new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Nothing new just yet, started back to work and putting in some long hours. Be a couple months before I can get it into the shop and start on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Sadly this has been sitting last couple years now, and recently been thinking of selling it. What's a fair asking price for it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    If everything is in running order... as is....from the photos....I bet you could get at least $900.