Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Mounted it on the test stand and did a quick fire with starting fluid man the dam thing is loud! This is the 14cc head (now 16cc) and the extra compression really gives it a crackle. I am thinking about mounting an alternator on the test stand and getting some high wattage resistors with some switches to make it a variable load so I could do some break in on the stand. I am figuring a 100 watt alternator under full load would take about 4HP to run it. I would not load it that much but it would at least allow more cylinder pressure under load to help seat the rings. Has anyone tried it?? I am also working on the next 18cc head. I have installed the 32mm seat and am now deshrouding on the mill as it does a much neater job that I have been able to do with the hand grinder.
    Ole

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I'm curious why you have the crankcase vent and valve cover vent connected to each other. Is that to seat the rings or something like that?

Danford1

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I am just adding a crankcase vent to the top of the valcover to be near the vent exit and to mist the roller rockers.
    Ole

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678