Register

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDullCarbide View Post
    Yet another question:

    Since I have a 68mm bore in a 212cc engine, does that mean it has a 0.175" stroker from factory? Does that mean this engine can't benefit from an aftermarket stroker?
    Something I have been wondering about.... What Greyhound engine do you have that has a 68mm bore yet is 212cc? When you say Greyhound, most people would think of the pre Predator 196cc Harbor freight engine called Greyhound. It is a standard 196cc clone. This is the engine I will be using for my mild build for a mini bike.
    Last edited by SAS289; Today at 08:19 AM.

  2. #42
    Member TheDullCarbide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS289 View Post
    Something I have been wondering about.... What Greyhound engine do you have that has a 68mm bore yet is 212cc? When you say Greyhound, most people would think of the pre Predator 196cc Harbor freight engine called Greyhound. It is a standard 196cc clone. This is the engine I will be using for my mild build for a mini bike.
    This was a Harbor Freight engine bought in 2010. It sat brand new in the box until 2015 when the original Jing Yang engine on my Ty-Rail gokart started spittin' oil. It came with all of the California emission sh*t and now it's all pulled off.

    Now this is wierd...the sticker on the recoil cover says "Greyhound 6.5 HP 212cc Item #66014" but the white sticker on the side cover says "Disp: 196cc." What the hell is that? Misprint?
    Last edited by TheDullCarbide; Today at 09:15 AM.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDullCarbide View Post
    This was a Harbor Freight engine bought in 2010. It sat brand new in the box until 2015 when the original Jing Yang engine on my Ty-Rail gokart started spittin' oil. It came with all of the California emission sh*t and now it's all pulled off.

    Now this is wierd...the sticker on the recoil cover says "Greyhound 6.5 HP 212cc Item #66014" but the white sticker on the side cover says "Disp: 196cc." What the hell is that? Misprint?
    Chances are that's a 196. Measure the stroke. Should be 54mm.

    Easier yet, do you see 168F stamped on the block? If so it's a 196. 208-212cc you might see 170F.

  4. #44
    Member TheDullCarbide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    It definately said 168F somewhere on it when I had it apart yesterday. Way to go, Lifan. I thought I was special.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    http://images.harborfreight.com/manu...6999/66015.pdf

    Interesting how they call for 91 octane on an engine with 8.5/1 compression. They also call for appx .006 and .008 valve lash.

  6. #46
    Member TheDullCarbide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS289 View Post
    http://images.harborfreight.com/manu...6999/66015.pdf

    Interesting how they call for 91 octane on an engine with 8.5/1 compression. They also call for appx .006 and .008 valve lash.
    I would never waste good 91 on 8.5:1 compression. Cheap Weis 87 works just fine. After I do this build (I think I'll go with the 0.018" gasket instead of the 0.027"-give the pushrods a fighting chance) I expect to have 9.3:1 compression, right around where my Carbide is. When I decide to peel the gasket to 0.009", I'll have 9.7:1 and at that point I could still mill the head a bit. When I do that, I'll run Shell 93.

    Looking at the NrRacing compression sheet, @BWL's old Predator was rockin' 11.3:1.

 

 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •