Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Well more money, but gopowersports offers a TAV for the 5/8" shaft on the CT200U.
    https://www.gopowersports.com/colema...converter-kit/

If you have the engine speed dialed down the TAV will stay in low gear. So low speeds, but wheelie capable.

Whoops! almost forgot, OMB is working on one also for the 5/8" shaft, not out yet but hopefully soon. From what I've read on it, it's not going to require jacking up the engine or cutting off the bottom of the TAV plate to fit, and not having to remove the chain guard front mount.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Picked up a 2015 Baja (camo with green frame) today. Probably overpaid, but it was the closest one. I'll be ordering a TC soon;) The minibike madness is setting in!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Got the TAV installed on my CT200U, night and day difference from the old clutch/jackshaft set up.
    So smooth and way way more speed and torque. Worth every penny and the time it took to install it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Thanks MJL thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    Picked up a 2015 Baja (camo with green frame) today. Probably overpaid, but it was the closest one. I'll be ordering a TC soon;) The minibike madness is setting in!
    Nice score..goes easy on a Baja with only cutting a bit off tc plate and you will need a 5/16x24 fine bolt for the engine and mounts...

6. Thanks MJL thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Worked on the Baja a fair bit today. Changed the oil, pulled the clutch to measure the shaft just to be sure, went ahead and cleaned the clutch and oiled the bushing while I had it off, replaced the missing master link on the short chain, lubed the chain, and adjusted the throttle cable to get it to open all the way. I don't think the previous owner ever had full throttle! Although, they really didn't need is as all they did was make laps around a 1/4 acre lot. Went ahead and threw in a 140 tube with the stock jet. Hit a road block though when I couldn't get the brake adjusted. I pulled the rear drum to inspect and found separated brake lining. Ordered a cheapie set of shoes off of Amazon to get it going, but also ordered the Honda shoes off of e-bay.

I did put everything back together enough for a little test ride around the yard. Can't compare performance fairly to the 200 EX as they are geared differently, but while strong, the engine certainly doesn't seem to have the thump of the lightly modded 200 EX (yet!). While similar to the Coleman at first glance, the Baja is quite a bit different design. The riding position and handlebars are much more upright resulting in a very different feel. I haven't measured, but the wheelbase might be a touch longer on the Baja as well. Once I get the brake shoes on, I'll do a top speed run just to see what it can do with the stock setup, but that won't last long as I have torque converter (OMB), spare belt, and proper lug nut ordered;)
    Last edited by MJL; 01-23-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    @MJL yeah the Baja is a little bigger,nice to have something different.. I think the ex is about same wheelbase as ct200u..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    If I was just doing a 31 or 33 jet and a timing key I would just use a 1/32 drill bit on the jet and file the key. I modded my stock air box using a brigs 9/13 HP air filter. It sticks out the top of the lid and I like how it looks. If you want to bypass the muffler take the shield off and drill out the plug that's in the middle of the pipe. If you look at were your exhaust pipe enters the muffler at the bottom, it just goes straight up and is welded and plugged at the top. It will be loud but will just flow through and bypasses the internals of the muffler.

air filter mod 2.jpg

Here is my modded filter.
    Last edited by DeadPixel; 01-30-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I had also bypassed my governor by chopping a few coils out the return spring and was running about 5K which was about 28MPH. When I pulled the stock rod to put a flat top piston in it, it had some scuff marks on it so I swapped it with a spare BSP rod and set it down to 4K using the throttle stop screw. I am new to these motors so don't know what normal wear and tear look like but the motor was only 1 hour old and the governor had been bypassed for 30 minutes of that. If you want to get a little extra out of your bike you can chop a few coils and raise the RPMs a little. I think 4K is pretty safe on stock internals. The instructions for my bike said not to exceed 3900 RPM so 4K should be fine. Just down load a GPS speedometer with max recall. You should be shooting for just under 23 MPH. 23 should be Ok but that will be about 4100 RPM. The stock rods don't lubricate well at high RPM so I would not push it past this tell you get a billet rod and new flywheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hello. This is my first post. Very much enjoyed reading through this thread. Got a question. I just bought a new CT200U-EX from Tractor Supply. Rode it here in Central Colorado up a fairly steep and sometimes rocky trail. Started at 9K and ended at 11K. I'm new to the whole mini bike world. It felt safe and stable and seemed to climb well. However, I found myself needing to ride-push my way uphill a few times (I stayed seated). I weigh 160 lbs and wore a 20 lbs pack. Are there any mods I should do to improve the ride? Quiet is important to me. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    A torque convertor swap might help would give you more low end grunt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast