Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by fhpe77 View Post
    Have you measured where the top of the piston is in relation to the deck surface? I ask because I went with the +0.020" Arc rod for my Hemi Predator build and that resulted in the piston being 0.004" in the hole. A 0.027" MLS head gasket was chosen resulting in a 0.031" piston to cylinder head clearance. My understanding is that due to rod stretch/crankshaft flex, this clearance should be >0.020". Of course my understanding could be wrong.
    In answer to your question...yes I have . After installing a Clone 6.5 hp crank I was about .045 in the hole with a stock clone rod , So I ordered a ARC billet rod that was .020 longer which put me in the hole about .025 . I'm fine with that number .025 and I'll use a .010 thick head gasket and come out about .035 between the piston and the top of the head.
    Lil Indian, Ruttman, DB30, Warrior, lil Bill, EZ Rider, Savage SSC , Powell, BONANZA

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rides
    After stretching the rod bolts , I mounted the piston to the rod and installed the piston . So I for got to getting any pics of installing the piston. Torqued the rod bolts to 170 inch pounds using 30 weight motor oil . Here's a video of how to stretch the ARC rod bolts .

Lil Indian, Ruttman, DB30, Warrior, lil Bill, EZ Rider, Savage SSC , Powell, BONANZA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by OND View Post
    In answer to your question...yes I have . After installing a Clone 6.5 hp crank I was about .045 in the hole with a stock clone rod , So I ordered a ARC billet rod that was .020 longer which put me in the hole about .025 . I'm fine with that number .025 and I'll use a .010 thick head gasket and come out about .035 between the piston and the top of the head.
    So the clone crank is slightly less stroke than a predator crank? That would make sense.

4. Thanks OND thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Very small package came in today, but some very much needed parts for this build. New Predator .010 thick head gasket and a set of 5.440 in length chrome moly push rods .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234