Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

Help with a Honda GC 190 Engine.

So I purchased a power washer that came with a Honda GC 190 Engine for only $20 and I was looking to install it on a custom homemade mini (not built yet) but I was wondering a couple of things, first thing is there is no throttle control arm on it anywhere, there is a governor arm which seems to keep the throttle in check by going back and forth I was wondering if I removed the spring from the throttle control valve or the air valve whatever it's called could I then hook a throttle cable to the throttle control and not have the governor moving it on me.

My second question is, if I just adjust the governor there is supposed to be some kind of pin on the bottom to open it up fully or something could I just do that and then attach a throttle cable and go with it that way or what exactly. I will include pictures in the event a visual aid is needed.
    IMG_20180909_193349.jpg
    IMG_20180909_193353.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I will post a pic tomorrow of the way i have the throttle hooked up on a honda gc. Tomorrow.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Lots more hits on a "GC160 throttle cable" search, here and the webs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    I got home late didnt get pics. Will try to send them tomorrow.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    See this: -img_0745-jpg It's available from multiple sources for about $18 bucks. Use existing springs. Works well with minimal mods.

And this thread: https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...-2nd-db30.html
    ~Wilderness~Knight Rider~Trail Bike~

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides

And a header option

This is a good solution for a header, just need a flange, a 3/4" threaded conduit adapter and a welder: https://www.ombwarehouse.com/snapper...RoCd4EQAvD_BwE

-img_0694-jpg

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Shop Teacher View Post
    This is a good solution for a header,
    LOL, keep it up, I might dust off the nearly new GC I have sitting on a shelf. That remove throttle adapter is more like $28. Also, if you've ever had the carb off of the intake manifold, it is an effort in patience. Rube Goldberg design. The entire intake and carb really need to be redone ala "Yellowhand" but since these are throwaway engines, it's not really worth it.

Thanks for finding and posting this old, but still salient information Pete! These engines do have a following.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Dave View Post
    LOL, keep it up, I might dust off the nearly new GC I have sitting on a shelf. That remove throttle adapter is more like $28. Also, if you've ever had the carb off of the intake manifold, it is an effort in patience. Rube Goldberg design. The entire intake and carb really need to be redone ala "Yellowhand" but since these are throwaway engines, it's not really worth it.

Thanks for finding and posting this old, but still salient information Pete! These engines do have a following.
    Ah, yes, they have a following. Very smooth running, nice mellow sound with a header. Carb is a bear to re-install, as you note, especially with the multitude of gaskets. Converting the air box to a K&N style cleaner is a real treat, too...but worth it. Shame it has a plastic cam gear with a puny belt. This engine does have hidden potential. I loved both of mine (160 and a 190).

9. Thanks Havasu Dave thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Shop Teacher View Post
    Ah, yes, they have a following. Very smooth running, nice mellow sound with a header. Carb is a bear to re-install, as you note, especially with the multitude of gaskets. Converting the air box to a K&N style cleaner is a real treat, too...but worth it. Shame it has a plastic cam gear with a puny belt. This engine does have hidden potential. I loved both of mine (160 and a 190).
    I just wonder if any the gx200 and clone stuff interchanges with the GC engines. billet rod,flywheel. have any you guys seen how the top half is made. the valves and block/bore is all one piece and the cam is crazy and is run by a timing belt.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by delray View Post
    I just wonder if any the gx200 and clone stuff interchanges with the GC engines. billet rod,flywheel. have any you guys seen how the top half is made. the valves and block/bore is all one piece and the cam is crazy and is run by a timing belt.
    It's a slanted split case design using a special Honda sealing material. I have seen posts on swapping a lighted flywheel from a GX to a GC, so I think a billet flywheel might work. The belt is always moving through hot oil so it's got to be fairly stout but still puny. I have not checked the rod length to compare or the crank journal...but you never know...they might be the same. It may be a "throw away" engine but it's a gorgeous case and well designed other than the intake "cluster-bomb."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast