Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Dave View Post
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Great one Dave

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Hahaha... It's like high school all over again except without the girls. I have to say, I am a little disappointed, that a few of you who I know have quite a bit more knowledge and experience than me with these engines, can only laugh at an immature joke made by an old fart who pretty much despises these motors, (& probably anything from this era lol) instead of any real input or opinion on the subject at hand. Not even another suggestion for a cam y'all like...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Coop View Post
    Hahaha... It's like high school all over again except without the girls. I have to say, I am a little disappointed, that a few of you who I know have quite a bit more knowledge and experience than me with these engines, can only laugh at an immature joke made by an old fart who pretty much despises these motors, (& probably anything from this era lol) instead of any real input or opinion on the subject at hand. Not even another suggestion for a cam y'all like...
    Idiot the member you are referring to has forgot more than you will ever know. Respect your elders and knowledge. Hes more to this site than you will ever be.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Coop View Post
    Compare the numbers of the 2 cams, (lift/duration) and anyone who knows cams can see what I am talking about. They both have the same max target RPM of 7,000RPM, therefore having the same top end. I think the Mod 2 is far over-rated. Might be a nice cam for a kart on a track where they can keep the RPM'S up, but for a take off from a dead stop, on a mini bike they don't have enough torque.
    Everyone likes the MOD2 because that's what GPS and their sponsors like. Being a drop-in cam (at least for 5-bolt covers) and having an improvement over stock, it seems like the perfect cam for a semi-technical store to sell to non-technical people. This website saved me from the MOD2 and encouraged me to do my homework before I buy.

And yes I agree the MOD2 is good but very overrated. Hint hint, it's marketed as a cheater cam for mid/top end racing, not a low/midrange cam to be used with a TC on some guy's minibike that "needs" more power. It sucks how all the real advertising goes to one cam.

Now if OMB or NRracing had a C&C or RBG, CL's, CM's, CS's, and an occasional MOD2 would be flying off the shelves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TankforGod3 View Post
    I'm just jumping in with the big dogs I am currently about to race my friends yerf dog 150cc gy6 go kart as soon as i get my cam, his goes about 50mph because he changed the gearing and it rolls 10000rpms . We are only drag racing though so I'm going with the jr cam for low and mid range power.
    Damn, dude! A 10k, 50MPH GY6? What mods? BBK/Stroker? Cam? Carb?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Does anyone have dyno graphs showing the power curves of these 4 cams? CM, CS, CL220 and Mod2.
    I agree the Mod2 is way over rated for minibikes (it may be OK for a racing go-kart though).

If YOU were to choose between these 3 cams, CM, CS, CL220, which would you pick for a minibike, street riding (occasional drag race)?
    Pred 212, stock head, stock rockers, stock compression, billet rod, billet flywheel and header.

Danford1
    Last edited by danford1; 12-10-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its students.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    What Carb?
    Ole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by danford1 View Post
    Does anyone have dyno graphs showing the power curves of these 4 cams? CM, CS, CL220 and Mod2.
    I agree the Mod2 is way over rated for minibikes (it may be OK for a racing go-kart though).
    If YOU were to choose between these 3 cams, CM, CS, CL220, which would you pick for a minibike, street riding (occasional drag race)?
    Pred 212, stock head, stock rockers, stock compression, billet rod, billet flywheel.

Danford1
    Same question here. I don't need dyno graphs though - just an educated recommendation for my Predator 212, (Calif) non-Hemi, stage 1 kit (stock carb with stage 1 jetting) w billet rod and flywheel - on my minibike. Thanks, JB
    (sorry bout the hijack danford1 )
    Last edited by JBeasty; 12-10-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ole4 View Post
    What Carb?

Well, there are a few guys that would like to know so let's give 3 answers.
    1. Stock with correct jets
    2. Bored stock with correct jets
    3. 22mm Mikuni with correct jets.

Those are the popular choices. Since the engines mentioned would be stock bore, stock stroke, stock head, stock compression they aren't all out race engines. Those 3 carb choices should be sufficient.
    Just a good all around engine for a Minibike.

Danford1
    Last edited by danford1; 12-10-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its students.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rides
    Here is your dilemma the stock compression is low so a long duration cam will lower it more and you will have to compensate with a tighter LSA. In addition all these cams are low lift so you would need to use ratio rockers. I myself looking at these cams and if forced at gunpoint I would pick the CM. However I would not use any of them. Can't you put a flattop piston in the motor? If it were me I would get a black mamba Jr and if you are keeping the dished piston have it on a 104 LSA. also use either ratio rockers or pony up for a 310 lift BM Jr. its under his custom grinds. You need to pick a cam around the heads you are using, in your case a stock one. I would also go with the 22 chikuni or bored stock carb.
    Ole

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast