Sensation Go-Devil

I'm going to try and see or buy a Sensation Go-Devil if it is all original (?) I want to be sure what to look for since I haven't seen one in person.

1) I'm guessing the engine should be lighted HS40...? Seller claims 5hp I hope he's wrong.

2) Any special pattern or writing on the seat I should look for?

3) Anything special about the fenders other than chrome?

4) Comet torque converter right?

5) Serial number should be on the gas tank?

The guy is asking good money but if it is all original I think it's worth it... :thumbsup:

markus

The one I had years ago (incomplete) the seat was not stenciled. Just to forewarn you, They are not very "refined" up close and personal, it has a very homemade look to it. I wouldn't invest much more that actual parts value of the "common" items on the bike, they cannot be compared to a rupp even if its real nice ( but those wheels make good replacments for the 1970 rupp :wink:)

Interesting the tank looks the same or similar to the Powerdyne tank those kids are looking for...

Well, I didn't buy it. If you add back the chrome fenders, and polish the chrome on the wheels, that picture could be the bike I just looked at. Missing the lights, chain guard, and original engine. Tank has a couple of dents in the front, but what is there looks pretty nice. I know we don't do appraisals on here but I feel this guy is asking survivor pricing for a restoration project. :shrug: Maybe I'm not in touch with the 'actual parts value of the "common" items on the bike' and it's worth more than I think.

He's not very far away I could always go back. :laugh:

oldfatguy

it's very similar to the Arco bikes too. Funny thing about mini bike values, the go devil ,the powerdyne and the Arcos are kind of rare because there aren't many out there but they don't seem to have the same value as the Rupp which they seemed to make thousands of. Basically they are all the same bike or even copies of each other but it's just that the Rupp is the most popular and desired of the four.

I have a all original go devil I can look at if you need to know any thing else about them the engine on mine is a hs40 with diaphragm carb just let me know if you need me to look at any thing on it

I have a all original go devil I can look at if you need to know any thing else about them the engine on mine is a hs40 with diaphragm carb just let me know if you need me to look at any thing on it
Thanks but this one does not have the original engine, here are pictures I took when I was there:
20160314_163459.jpg 20160314_163509.jpg

What's there isn't too bad but it ain't all there. :laugh:

After looking at more pictures I think less is missing than I originally thought. I think they didn't all come with lights. That would mean all that is missing is the chain guard and the exhaust header. :001_cool: and the original engine wouldn't have been lighted... Might not be hard to restore after all... (?)

1stBxMopar

After looking at more pictures I think less is missing than I originally thought. I think they didn't all come with lights. That would mean all that is missing is the chain guard and the exhaust header. :001_cool: and the original engine wouldn't have been lighted... Might not be hard to restore after all... (?)
You are right, not every model came with light's. here is a picture of one incomplete but you can see it has the remains of a number plate like the one your looking at. Also in the pictures you posted it looks like the original pipe, but with the first 6 inchs or so of primary header cut out. I think I still have that section laying around from my bike. If you need it let me know. I included a picture of mine, far from original, modified, but alot of fun...........

Attachments

Last edited: