Looks like a Rupp TT500 for sale in Titusville FL. Anyone interested?

Looks like a nice bike. I wish you could see more detail on CL photos tho. I am always partial to the TT500's myself.

TT500 1.jpg

TT500 2.jpg
1968 Rupp TT-500 As far as I can tell everything is there and in fair condition. Some pitting on chrome that will need to be reworked but for the most part the bike is in very good shape. I had gotten it many years ago for my grandson who is now into the big stuff and time for this to go. If I was to keep it I would strip it down and start the rework for show and fun!!! I also have a complete spare motor with this still in the box. Also have both pull and kickstarts. This is a great start for a project towards a show quality very rare Rupp TT 500 minibike.

Rupp 72

Good looking complete bike! But there is at least another thousand dollars in chrome work and paint before it would be a completely restored bike again... a spare engine would sure be nice though. It would be cool to see a member end up with it.

capguncowboy

If it was a real survivor, I'd be tempted a little more. Those wheels are the same color as the frame, which means that someone probably painted it a while back. Odds are, parts and hardware were replaced with incorrect parts in the process.

I don't think his price is unreasonable, but it's more than I would pay

Rupp 72

If it was a real survivor, I'd be tempted a little more. Those wheels are the same color as the frame, which means that someone probably painted it a while back. Odds are, parts and hardware were replaced with incorrect parts in the process.

I don't think his price is unreasonable, but it's more than I would pay
Well said:thumbsup:

Jamie1972

It's a nice bike based on other ones that have been listed for sale before....
Fair price, I'd like to know more info on the other engine...is it a 6.5 power sport..:doah:
Or a NOS 68 H50:eek:

capguncowboy

I got a response today. It's quite lengthy, but this COULD be a good deal for someone local

Yes, the bike was redone about 10 years ago. The frame was the 1968 Rupp color Gold. which was in very rough condition for paint. At that time the frame, wheel hubs and a few other parts where powder coated the current color you see in the pics. It was then put back together with all the parts that were on the bike when I got it. Shortly after that I happened to run across a fellow that had a Tecumseh motor new in the box only test run!! Then happened on to someone that had a kick starter for it. I just recently bolted on the kick start as someone wanted to see it. As you can see by the pics the spare motor is still wrapped and in the box. I have never even taken it out. You can also trace the numbers on the outside of the box to check the date and etc. The motor on the bike runs very well. There has been great interest in the bike and someone asked me about a title. I didn’t even know that they were ever titled, however I do have a MC tag that was on it when I got it and the tag was from Ohio dated 1971 which I still have. I just assumed it was for fun and off of something else. I have no paperwork or Title for this bike but I will gladly write a bill of sale to anyone. I am in Florida where a title is needed but I guess that some other states just use a bill of sale on older vehicles. I have been asked by some others if I would be interested in any trades, I’m sorry I am not. I got this many years ago for my grandson and now we have decided to sell it so he can use the money for bigger things. The bike has not been ridden in quite some time, but when it was, it was quite fast and when second gear kicked in on the jack shaft you need to be sitting forward and hang on. I have recently started it and let it run and it did well. I did not drive it down the road as I am a Vietnam amputee and do not wish to loose any more parts. I never clocked the bike but I would guess that my grandson ran the bike at about 45 to 50 mph. I will also say that I am not interested in selling the motor without the bike as someone has asked. There has been great interest in this bike and I do not wish to be left with spare parts to sell so this will all go together to some happy person.

He then showed a few pictures of the engine in the box (it's the one that's on the bike in the pictures). The other engine looks like it could be correct, but it's not restored. I didn't want to push the issue any further since I don't have intentions on buying it. No sense in wasting his time.

If both engines are correct, then I'd say it's a decent deal -- not the best deal out there, but he's right in saying it would bring more at auction (Ebay).

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I hate to say it, but I think he would make more money parting it out. But that would break my heart.:crying:
I'm certain he would. The gas tank and clutch guard would bring almost a grand on Ebay -- The engines would bring 500-700 each, assuming they're both correct Rupp engines.

It would be a shame to break up a complete bike, but when you're asking those kinds of prices, you're probably only after the money anyway.