CT200U Finished with 212cc upgrades - Nice exhaust mod

Stitch

Well, it's 99% finished. Got the TAV mounted with a frame mod. I still have to wrap the exhaust. I bought the OldMiniBikes 1" go kart exhaust with screw on muffler for Predator 212cc. https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/1-Go-K...n-Muffler-Predator-212cc.html?category_id=704 Great deal! I just added a 3/4" pipe nipple and a 45 degree elbow. It fits great! I will add a brace tomorrow. I hope to break in the engine soon weather permitting. I still may add a tach/hour meter and some lighting.

1231161811.jpg 1231161811a.jpg 1231161850.jpg 1231161851.jpg 1231161851a.jpg 1231161852.jpg

Attachments

Stitch

Me too. I had less problems on my DB30's. I tried hard to come up with a good reason that it had to stay there but finally went ahead and took off the support piece for the chain guard to get the TAV installed. It removed it very fast and easily however using a scissors jack and a hammer.

If it becomes a problem, I will fabricate and weld a strap in it's place. Time and riding will tell. In the meantime, I will dress up the left over ends and paint them.

1230161246a.jpg

Nice job!..looks good :thumbsup:.......a hammer? you not got cheap HF angle grinder with chop off saw blade? all those wasted hours ..years i used hacksaw..now i can't stop cutting stuff up.lol

Last edited:
That's a nice looking bike Stitch...:thumbsup:

I bet with the predator and tav on there, that it will pull good for hill's and such, and then fly on the flat's when you need it to.

Enjoy it !

Stitch

Hi Robert,
Yes! It's a blast! Went from mild to wild. I am going to machine out a custom 420 x 70 tooth sprocket which
will ease the take off a bit. It can still pull a wheelie if I try as is. The 70 tooth should work out perfect.
Stitch~

Stitch

Hey Raskin!
I hear that and agree with you! I have a few H.F. angle grinders ands cut off disks. I usually do my shop work in the early morning hours
in my basement right under our bedroom where my wife is still sleeping. This worked out as the best compromise at the time.
Gotta keep the peace! I wrapped a shop rag around the frame and a couple good whacks later, success! Oldog, I made the tensioner
by using the jackshaft tensioner arm setup and spring on a 7/8" clamp I get from eBay. Works great! It's a take off idea on the way I do a similar set up on my DBb30's.. It was really nice that it was supplied already since I was planning on scrapping the jackshaft anyway !
Stitch

TENSIONER MOD.jpg

Hi Robert,
Yes! It's a blast! Went from mild to wild. I am going to machine out a custom 420 x 70 tooth sprocket which
will ease the take off a bit. It can still pull a wheelie if I try as is. The 70 tooth should work out perfect.
Stitch~
You'll get the full potential out of the Tavs 0.9:1 overdrive using 72t. It corrects the gearing to 6.48 assuming your driven is 6" and behind that is 10t on jackshaft.

You'll still pull a wheelie, but you'll see the difference throughout the powerband, also top speed increases.

You should post in the group since it will be seen faster. Without a sub here, I think it gets lost as OldMiniBikes members seem to be more into vintage bikes.

Last edited:
You'll get the full potential out of the Tavs 0.9:1 overdrive using 72t. It corrects the gearing to 6.48 assuming your driven is 6" and behind that is 10t on jackshaft.

You'll still pull a wheelie, but you'll see the difference throughout the powerband, also top speed increases.

You should post in the group since it will be seen faster. Without a sub here, I think it gets lost as OldMiniBikes members seem to be more into vintage bikes.
Thank you Triple A!
I was thinking about trying as a test, one of my spare 72 tooth DB30 sprockets after doing the machining to get it to fit.
Sounds like a great combination!
Stitch