Carb adapter questions for a Predator 212 Hemi

I have a Predator 212 Hemi on a minibike with an angled engine plate.
I have the round air filter adapter and air filter on it. It sticks out the side of the engine and my leg hits the air cleaner easily.
I want to buy a carb adapter that will angle the carb toward the rear of the minibike instead of sticking straight out. Also I want to level the carb because of the angled engine plate.
I searched threads looking for angled adapters but didn't find any.
Who sells them?

I thought of getting a straight metal one and cutting it in half and using rubber hose to angle the carb where I want it. Then I was wondering if intake length would effect how the engine runs and idles...
What are your thoughts and experiences?
Thanks
Danford1

I have the same setup but on my bike it does not get in the way. Are you using the angled air cleaner to point the aircleaner back?

I have the same setup but on my bike it does not get in the way. Are you using the angled air cleaner to point the aircleaner back?

Nice bike! Yeah they have angled rubber connector filters..even cone ones..or maybe use a piece of radiator hose. danford1

Last edited:
On mine I have to deal with how much the Predator itself sticks out and the air filter on the right side peg.
I swapped out the OldMiniBikes filter with a shorter one I picked up at Advance. My carb is still angled, doesn't seem to mind it.

Attachments

Thanks for the replies to my thread guys. I have the angled air filter.
When I'm sitting on it with my feet on the foot pegs, everything is fine.
But with my foot on the ground, my leg hits the filter.
I want to angle the whole carb back so the filter is pointing to the rear, not out the side.
The adapter link above is used when you put a bigger carb on. I have the stock carb.
I may have to make my own carb angle adapter but was trying to avoid that...
Danford1
Here is a picture of the air filter I have.

Nice work guys.beautiful bikes....danford1 a cone would be a wee bit smaller ...i wish they made 3" long cones..i never did like how far those stick out..if you dump it they also get scrunched

I'm surprised nobody makes a adapter for the carb. This seems to be a common concern. This is the picture that I took from a video that I paused and it shows somebody doing what I to do. It looks like a rubber hose, perhaps a radiator hose,
but there has to be some sort of adapter on the engine to make this work.

Danford1

IMG_6797.PNG

The problem is the carb linkage. If you go with a mikuni carb you can get a intake to swing back out of the way. You could always make an intake for the stock carb but wouldn't have the governor and would have to come up with a linkage for the throttle.

The problem is the carb linkage. If you go with a mikuni carb you can get a intake to swing back out of the way. You could always make an intake for the stock carb but wouldn't have the governor and would have to come up with a linkage for the throttle.
I agree with not so mini, the linkage would be he hard part, not terribly hard, but nobody makes a kit, you would need to make your own.

The very last picture on the below link shows a clone carb with the throttle linkage, looks complicated.
Curved Manifold

Last edited:
You have to cut a bit out to reduce the 90 degree bend then cut the head end so you can rotate it till it sits how you want it. Then I mRk it with a sharpie then weld it.