Another Rupp TT500 for sale on Ebay!

capguncowboy

Exhaust is wrong, or at least the heat shield is - it's the 70 model style. Headlight is aftermarket, i think the taillight lens is the later style, shocks are aftermarket adjustable... I'm sure there is more but i don't want to distract from this beautiful bike too much.

I think the front fender is the smaller version made for the 4.10-3.50 tires too but I'm not positive

Exhaust is wrong, or at least the heat shield is - it's the 70 model style. Headlight is aftermarket, i think the taillight lens is the later style, shocks are aftermarket adjustable... I'm sure there is more but i don't want to distract from this beautiful bike too much.
Distract away ... This is education!!

Yes its a beautiful bike but “restored to new condition” sounds like it would be as it was bought new ... I want to know the difference between shineola and the real deal!!

I think the front fender is the smaller version made for the 4.10-3.50 tires too but I'm not positive
All correct. All of those things are still somewhat easy to find still so it is close.

Front springs are installed upside down too. And I don't think those are the General tires on there, but those are getting harder to find.

Altho they aren't my personal favorite, it does have the Cy Fab windshield tho, and those are rare, especially in that condition.

Still a very nice bike. That will bring a LOT of enjoyment to the buyer.

capguncowboy

All correct. All of those things are still somewhat easy to find still so it is close.

Front springs are installed upside down too. And I don't think those are the General tires on there, but those are getting harder to find.

Altho they aren't my personal favorite, it does have the Cy Fab windshield tho, and those are rare, especially in that condition.

Still a very nice bike. That will bring a LOT of enjoyment to the buyer.
I can't tell from the pictures, but I think the two speed might be a Comet. I've never looked into it too much, but I thought the 68 bikes used a Max Torque.

Rupp 72

Yes it is a Comet secondary clutch. The comet uses a smaller jackshaft than the original max-torque, and the clutch drum would be flipped 180 degrees on the shaft. It should really also have the 72 tooth rear sprocket. Lastly, that this color red was not an option in 1969, so that right there is the biggest deterrent for me.

Last edited:
Yes it is a Comet secondary clutch. The comet uses a smaller jackshaft than the original max-torque, and the clutch drum would be flipped 180 degrees on the shaft. It should really also have the 72 tooth rear sprocket. Lastly, that this color red was not an option in 1969, so that right there is the biggest deterrent for me.
I think it started out life as an XL500 actually, and they made it into a TT500. Probably found a rear fender but not a front fender and not a 72 tooth sprocket. At least that would make sense to me.