Vintage old skool kool?

Steve73

Picked this up today. PO saved this from the junk yard yrs ago. Doesn't know what it was other than vintage.

I'm curious what you all think?
20190922_182554.jpg
Chain guard look familiar?
20190922_183322.jpg
How about this jack shaft brake?
20190922_183427.jpg
Rear fender mounts are a particular design I'm not familiar with.

And lastly the original paint I'm guessing was red.

Thank you for your help!

Steve...

markus

It has some alterations but it was originally a 1969-69 Sears Runabout. The tab at the back of the frame tells it had the flipped bicycle style chain guard which started to appear in 1968 and the frame has the earlier headtube gusseting etc.. That fender bracket is someones custom handiwork as well as the engine plate/jackshaft setup etc.. 1969 spring summer sears (2).jpg

Steve73

Interesting. Very interesting. Then I wonder what bike that chrome chain guard came from? The mystery continues..... thank you @markus for your helpful info!

markus

Interesting. Very interesting. Then I wonder what bike that chrome chain guard came from? The mystery continues..... thank you @markus for your helpful info!
no problem, the clutch guard is probably the Taiwanese one, like found on some of the scat cat's (114-115's), I think some of the Maverick bikes had them as well and probably some others imports.

.. 1972 scat cat (2).jpg

Steve73

Today I did a little more examining and there what looks like an old mini bike decal. I have no idea what it says but might be a hint to its past? Ive accepted that this was a sears runa bout but this old engine decal has me scratching my head. Lol.. @markus does this look familiar?
20190925_150145.jpg