Best way to remove a tire that's really stuck on the beads?

I've been soaking this wheel with liquid wrench and have made no progress. It's a kidney bean wheel and I have all the bolts out and it separates nicely, just can't budge the tire off the bead. I put it in a large vise and squeeze it all the way in several places around the rim. I tried to research the forum for info but didn't find much. I have wood bleach and muriatic acid I can soak it in but don't know how the aluminum will react. Seems like it would be a common problem, so if there's a link to a thread with the answer, I would like to see it. Thanks. DSCN8598.JPG

capguncowboy

I've used a small pry bar behind the lip of the rim before, but that was on a steel wheel. I don't know that I'd run that on cast aluminum for fear of breaking it.

Take it to a tire shop. They'll have the right tool for the job and only charge a small fee and save you lots of time and headache

I've used a small pry bar behind the lip of the rim before, but that was on a steel wheel. I don't know that I'd run that on cast aluminum for fear of breaking it.

Take it to a tire shop. They'll have the right tool for the job and only charge a small fee and save you lots of time and headache
I have all the tire spoons and have changed a lot of dirt bike tires but had no luck with them yet. I also wanted to go easy on the rim. I'll cut the tire off before taking it to the tire shop. Nothing against the tire shop, just like doing thinks myself. Thanks for the advice, it's valuable and appreciated whether I take it or not.

I removed the tire from the rear rim and it was pretty stuck but finally came off. It had spikes all around the bead. Does my kidney bean wheel also have those spikes?

Work your way around with a screwdriver. Just go round and round a tiny bit at a time it will seem like you are making no progress but it will loosten up and start to go eventually. If you have a torpedo heater or something similar that helps alot aswell to soften the rubber just have to wear gloves because itll be pretty hot

Work your way around with a screwdriver. Just go round and round a tiny bit at a time it will seem like you are making no progress but it will loosten up and start to go eventually. If you have a torpedo heater or something similar that helps alot aswell to soften the rubber just have to wear gloves because itll be pretty hot
Thanks, I like the heat idea. I have a good Milwaukee Heat gun I'll try along with the screwdrivers.

Cool idea with the car. I've used car weight before to loosen a diffy pinion/yoke bolt. I've been looking at the HF tire machine. We had one at my last job and worked okay on steel rims.

I just changed the tires on my Doodle Bug. All I had to do was remove the valve stem core, let the air out and then I poured some mineral oil around the bead on both sides of the tire. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then laid the wheel flat and stood on it with my feet on both sides of the tire. It collapsed and I used a flat pry bar to remove it. Installation wasn't too bad either. I used the mineral oil, my vise and one of the axles as a pivot point. I used three C clamps at 120 degree intervals on the tire and had my son pry it on while I held the bead in place. Easy, peasy, now I have new tires on a mini I can't currently ride. Dang it!

Harquebus

Heheh, people can't read, they just keep posting ideas after you solved the problem..... and that's good, don't get me wrong.

Here's mine: use soapy water [tires don't like oil or petroleum solvents because it degrades rubber] and stand on the tire right next to the bead, and walk around the rim with both feet. It will come loose, just takes time and patience.

I did that with both wheels, Harquebus. If one had been a problem, I'd have gotten my son. He weighs about 300 pounds. That's around 110 more than me! Yeah, he's a fat boy, but he IS on a diet. He used to weigh 350. He and I are both 5'11". I told him I don't want to have him cremated, he's supposed to do that for me.

Did I mention I got mine off? My tubes tested good and i'm getting the wheels cleaned up now. All the bearings are junk and as soon as I can trade the wheels for a matched pair and determine what axles I'm using, I'll know what bearings to round up. DSCN8624.JPG