Throttle lever & Vent filter?

I have 2 quick questions.

First, is my predator engine gonna be fine without the linkage lever? By fine I mean is it going to stop me from making future mods? I took my bike to a shop for help connecting the throttle and when I got it back the lever was no longer there but the throttle is responsive, although I haven't test driven the bike at all yet. I've never heard of this being necessary when setting up a throttle cable and I'm only concerned that I've been robbed of something vital to my engine.

My next question is how do I install the vent filters that came with my air filter kit from GoPowerSports? I have a Non-Hemi California Predator 212, most likely a newer model since I purchased it in 2019 (I was still able to re-jet my carburetor). My gas tank tube seems to be threaded through the tank on one side and my valve cover has a hole on the side of it instead of a port. I still have the stock air filter at hand as well as the tubes that popped off with it.
I attached a picture trying to get everything I've explained into it.

Attachments

I have 2 quick questions.

First, is my predator engine gonna be fine without the linkage lever? By fine I mean is it going to stop me from making future mods? I took my bike to a shop for help connecting the throttle and when I got it back the lever was no longer there but the throttle is responsive, although I haven't test driven the bike at all yet. I've never heard of this being necessary when setting up a throttle cable and I'm only concerned that I've been robbed of something vital to my engine.

My next question is how do I install the vent filters that came with my air filter kit from GoPowerSports? I have a Non-Hemi California Predator 212, most likely a newer model since I purchased it in 2019 (I was still able to re-jet my carburetor). My gas tank tube seems to be threaded through the tank on one side and my valve cover has a hole on the side of it instead of a port. I still have the stock air filter at hand as well as the tubes that popped off with it.
I attached a picture trying to get everything I've explained into it.
As far as the "lever".. you don't need it. Looks like they disconnected the governor,that's why the better throttle response. As far as you breather,the way it is is fine. If you want you can hook a hose from the valve cover to a breather filter.

As far as the "lever".. you don't need it. Looks like they disconnected the governor,that's why the better throttle response. As far as you breather,the way it is is fine. If you want you can hook a hose from the valve cover to a breather filter.
Ken,
Thanks for the response! I took my bike for a run yesterday, I think the governor is still intact somehow because I'm capping out at 36mph. I got a stage 1 kit and a torque converter on a DB30R frame, 48 tooth rear sprocket. I took your advice and I'm still alive, so that's good in my book. I attached a couple pictures to show what's going on now. Let me know what you think?

Attachments

Ken,
Thanks for the response! I took my bike for a run yesterday, I think the governor is still intact somehow because I'm capping out at 36mph. I got a stage 1 kit and a torque converter on a DB30R frame, 48 tooth rear sprocket. I took your advice and I'm still alive, so that's good in my book. I attached a couple pictures to show what's going on now. Let me know what you think?
Okay.... From what I can tell from ur pics..... It looks like they ran direct linkage from the governor arm to the throttle lever on the carb. This is fine... No worries! All that does is bypass the large lever ,so if I'm right, the governor is still engaging,but has to pull harder to engage because of the way the springs are run. Which is also fine,no worries. You are safe my friend! However, I do recommend a billet rod and flywheel, and fully removing all governor internals.

I do recommend a billet rod and flywheel, and fully removing all governor internals.
100% this. Once the governor is bypassed (which is bad) or removed, a billet rod and flywheel are a must in my opinion.

No one wants to spend $160 on parts that aren't fun or where you have to take the engine fully apart to install them though. OP had to have someone do the throttle, no way they're going to be able to install those parts themselves.