what are you listening to v.2.0

I met Jeff about 1983 ,he was playing in the lobby at the Royal York hotel in Toronto ,I was playing on a tv show on the CBC with Shania Twain and we were staying there ,I grabbed my sax and played with him for several hours .Great guy ,very talented ,I really enjoyed that day .
I am a little surprised you even know about the Canadian musicians like Jeff , very glad you do know who he is .How about Colin James ? I really enjoyed playing with him on several occasions ,he was friends with Stevie Ray Vaughn and I was lucky enough to play with both of them at the Forum in Montreal ,unfortunately it was after the show was already over but a true highlight of my life .It was 1989

I met Jeff about 1983 ,he was playing in the lobby at the Royal York hotel in Toronto ,I was playing on a tv show on the CBC with Shania Twain and we were staying there ,I grabbed my sax and played with him for several hours .Great guy ,very talented ,I really enjoyed that day .
I am a little surprised you even know about the Canadian musicians like Jeff , very glad you do know who he is .How about Colin James ? I really enjoyed playing with him on several occasions ,he was friends with Stevie Ray Vaughn and I was lucky enough to play with both of them at the Forum in Montreal ,unfortunately it was after the show was already over but a true highlight of my life .It was 1989
Yeah, I've been familiar with Jeff for many years, probably since See the Light (1988) or at least since the movie Road House ('89); great talent. I am not familiar with Colin James but I'll search YouTube. I only recently became aware of Kathleen Edwards, I probably listened to Goodnight California (posted in this thread, somewhere) about twenty times a day for a week. I used to listen to The Tragically Hip now and then. Due to Corner Gas: The Movie, I know of Kim Mitchell (Go for Soda was heard in one scene). I'm sure there are other Canadian artists that I listen to, just can't catalogue everything in my head, which is why I check Wikipedia and other sources while listening to music.

Kim Mitchell was part of Max Webster ,I have a cottage in an area where Kim plays several times a year ,I have played with him and bounced for him as well at the bar lol .He lives near Windsor -Detroit area not sure if he played in Detroit much though .
I don’t know Kathleen Edwards off hand ,when I next go to town I will try to explore what she is all about .I have to figure out a better internet set up for my cabin .
Another you probably know is Rush ,they are why I am surprised you know so many little guys ,it took them way too long to get inducted into the hall of fame and they themselves said they are not well known south of the border .I figured if they were not known you probably don’t know many others .

Kim Mitchell was part of Max Webster ,I have a cottage in an area where Kim plays several times a year ,I have played with him and bounced for him as well at the bar lol .He lives near Windsor -Detroit area not sure if he played in Detroit much though .
I don’t know Kathleen Edwards off hand ,when I next go to town I will try to explore what she is all about .I have to figure out a better internet set up for my cabin .
Another you probably know is Rush ,they are why I am surprised you know so many little guys ,it took them way too long to get inducted into the hall of fame and they themselves said they are not well known south of the border .I figured if they were not known you probably don’t know many others .
Rush was fairly well-known where I was, central Ohio, back in the day. IIRC, a Columbus radio station played some Rush, starting with Working Man from their first album. I like some Rush but Geddy's vocals kept me from being a big fan, okay when he sang softly, unpleasant when he screeched. I posted 2112 in this thread, somewhere. The Guess Who was well-known, also.

Side note: Way back when, if we didn't hear it on the radio, we didn't know it existed, and the sad thing is that what was played on radio often wasn't the best track(s) from an album. For an example, Jethro Tull (Sorry, British, not Canadian, but the first example I thought of). The Jethro Tull tracks I heard on the radio back then were rather bizarre, IMO, so I wasn't interested. Decades later, in the age of YouTube, I hear some fantastic Tull tracks like We Used to Know (from the album Stand Up, 1969, the melody ripped off by the Eagles eight years later for Hotel California), Farm on the Freeway (from Crest of a Knave, 1987), and others. Then, there were those artists/bands who never "made it" but were good. There are a lot of albums, by bands I had never even heard of, posted on YouTube, that are quite good. I guess they never got promoted, didn't get radio play, so they were unknown outside their local area.

Last edited:
Check it out!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Canada