The Official Bonanza Mini Bike Thread . . .

delray

Just ran into this recently chatting with @Rockwall, seems Bonanza only made the one fork plate assembly in 69 ish when they changed the rake. The integral bars or short fork tubes for separate bars were welded onto the same fork plate assy. Headlight mount hole only on front and the fender mounts are lower than previous BCs too.
looks like i will mounting the headlight on the bottom...LOL
20160507_125510.jpg

Frisco57

When I was building my Bonanza I was trying to find all the information I could about the differences from year to year and how do I figure out what year was this Bonanza manufactured. Shockingly, the first lesson is, the serial number on the badge means very little...!

That was normal for Bon
4 holes should of not been here on this model bike.....yes it's factory built...lol
View attachment 273569 View attachment 273570
4 holes should of not been here on this model bike.....yes it's factory built...lol
View attachment 273569 View attachment 273570
That was normal for Bonanza at times to do some stupid stuff or should i say one employee !!! Lol. It seems more so it happened on the welding part of assembly !!

delray

i have been on this forum from day one, only bike i have ever seen posted here welded from factory like this. don't think it was that common to see something like this done or i would of seen more postings of other bikes done like this by now. just saying...:rolleyes:

mustangfrank

i have been on this forum from day one, only bike i have ever seen posted here welded from factory like this. don't think it was that common to see something like this done or i would of seen more postings of other bikes done like this by now. just saying...:rolleyes:
The 4 hole thing?

Here's a couple pics, original paint is a verified 1969 BC1100, other is the forks that started the research into it. Google Images has more if you study pics.

Both have the fork plate "space" at the bottom vs the 68 down top space/rake.

IMG_61201.jpg 20210110_122231.jpg

delray

The 4 hole thing?

Here's a couple pics, original paint is a verified 1969 BC1100, other is the forks that started the research into it. Google Images has more if you study pics.

Both have the fork plate "space" at the bottom vs the 68 down top space/rake.

View attachment 273581 View attachment 273582
good thing i can cut the top part of the bars off and mount a set of mx handle bars....LOL
big question : was it made on a Monday or Friday....LOL

Last edited:

NorCal

good thing i can cut the top part of the bars off and mount a set of mx handle bars....LOL
big question : was it made on a Monday or Friday....LOL
Anyone have a history session on Bonanza? I'm a history dork and this seems like a knowledgable group, lol.