mikuni on 7 hp engine

hi

i wonder what to do with the guvenor arm? if i want to pit the mikuni 22 mm i saw some videos of how people put the arm to the front and tension the arm so its againt the internal guvenor inside? i dont want to remove the guvenor because i want the motor intact. i post som photos here for you to check.. how ive done, how will the motor respond to this.. ?

Attachments

toomanytoys

If you don't remove it completely you are going to run the risk of exploding your engine.

If you don't install billet parts..its not if it's when it lets loose and ruins your engine and maybe injuring you.

All you'll gain nothing installing a mikuni carb without having a reasonably built engine.

Anyway...what to do with the governor arm? Remove everything to do with it after you've installed all the supporting mods to keep your engine from blowing up.

Youtube and most sites are great at giving you bad advice. No one here will suggest you do anything but the right thing.

If you don't remove it completely you are going to run the risk of exploding your engine.

If you don't install billet parts..its not if it's when it lets loose and ruins your engine and maybe injuring you.

All you'll gain nothing installing a mikuni carb without having a reasonably built engine.

Anyway...what to do with the governor arm? Remove everything to do with it after you've installed all the supporting mods to keep your engine from blowing up.

Youtube and most sites are great at giving you bad advice. No one here will suggest you do anything but the right thing.

ok so why will i run the risk of exploding it if i dont remove it completly, ? i did like this so i could keep the function of the guvenor still running? maybe i understand this wrong? the mikuni is firstly so i can run the throttle better and dont fumble with the throttle cable so thats manly why, its a minibile not a gocart.. bjt what i understamd is if i domt remove guvenor completly it will explode? can i not run the mikuni and still run the guvenor as normal? and how do i do this?

so i mean i still want to use the guvenor as a rev limiter even though i have the mikuni.. how can i conect or do this today?
It isn't practical because the Mikuni is regulated directly by the throttle cable, it uses no linkage. Not saying it couldn't be done but it would require some serious engineering.

It isn't practical because the Mikuni is regulated directly by the throttle cable, it uses no linkage. Not saying it couldn't be done but it would require some serious engineering.
i understand that, thats why if u look at my picture how i have out the guvenor arm all upp with the pring to the max , i supose its on the guvenor all the time right? then i can run it with the mikuni just to my throttle? but i wonder how the engine will run in lower rom when the arm is still on the guvenor inside, because normaly it detach from the guvenor when u loose your throttle bit in my case it dont so…

toomanytoys

Without the governor hooked to the carburetor linkage it is doing nothing. All the arm does is pull back on the throttle linkage when the motor is at its max rpm to keep it at a max of 3600 rpm. Without it being hooked to the carburetor linkage it's not going to do anything.

The mikuni carb is not designed to be used with a governor and its probably never been done because there really is no point to the mikuni unless you are modified.

SAS289

i understand that, thats why if u look at my picture how i have out the guvenor arm all upp with the pring to the max , i supose its on the guvenor all the time right? then i can run it with the mikuni just to my throttle? but i wonder how the engine will run in lower rom when the arm is still on the guvenor inside, because normaly it detach from the guvenor when u loose your throttle bit in my case it dont so…
Would be helpful to the conversation if we knew what mini bike the engine is going on and what gearing it will have.

Without the governor hooked to the carburetor linkage it is doing nothing. All the arm does is pull back on the throttle linkage when the motor is at its max rpm to keep it at a max of 3600 rpm. Without it being hooked to the carburetor linkage it's not going to do anything.

The mikuni carb is not designed to be used with a governor and its probably never been done because there really is no point to the mikuni unless you are modified.
hm, have u guys checked my pictures? because then i connected the arm as if im going in max rpm .. so then the arm should be on the guvenor inside all the time then the engine should not over rev , ? or maybe this is totaly wrong? u say it pull back when it reach top rpm , but then it also loose the guvenor inside right? so what im doing is to prevent this ? i mean have u seen the cars and cameras youtube thry put a mikuni on predator and erase everything even the arm but then i thought the arm will hang loose inside and that could be very critical , but then i know they bypass the guvenor but i dont? or maybe im wrong

SAS289

hm, have u guys checked my pictures? because then i connected the arm as if im going in max rpm .. so then the arm should be on the guvenor inside all the time then the engine should not over rev , ? or maybe this is totaly wrong? u say it pull back when it reach top rpm , but then it also loose the guvenor inside right? so what im doing is to prevent this ? i mean have u seen the cars and cameras youtube thry put a mikuni on predator and erase everything even the arm but then i thought the arm will hang loose inside and that could be very critical , but then i know they bypass the guvenor but i dont? or maybe im wrong
The governor cannot function as designed if it is not connected to the throttle on the carb.

In the video those guys blew up their engine. Running too much ungoverned RPM on the stock connecting rod.

toomanytoys

The governor arm is DOING NOTHING to limit rpm if it is NOT HOOKED to the carburetor linkage as it would be with the mikuni carb in place.

The engine will rev until the valves float or something let's loose.

I'm sure there is a youtube video on how small engine governors work. I'm at work now and can't access youtube or I'd look.

Yes, totally wrong.

As @toomanytoys said, the governor will not function (control/limit engine speed) if it is not connected to the carburetor. The governor controls/limits engine speed by controlling throttle opening.

If you delete the governor, you remove the gear and arm inside the block so the arm wouldn't be hanging loose. You may as well remove the low oil sensor while inside the engine, motion would cause it to cut the ignition. You may get by with what you have but it would be better to completely remove the governor.

Did you watch that C&C video to the end? Engine lasted five minutes. I know those guys have a lot of subscribers but they are hacks (they do shoddy work), IMO. I watched some of their videos a few years ago, didn't take long for me to determine that the only thing I could learn from them would be bad work techniques.

in this video he say he bypass the guvernor but its still connected to the carburator? why is that , then i can ho ahed and skip the conection between carburator and the arm? i did this on one motor i hade 169c and nothing blow up or happend but aperantly i bypass the guvernor.. i dont understand , so whats the main reason the engine will blow? bigher carburater if i change to mikuni or that i bypass the guvernor?

in this video he say he bypass the guvernor but its still connected to the carburator? why is that , then i can ho ahed and skip the conection between carburator and the arm? i did this on one motor i hade 169c and nothing blow up or happend but aperantly i bypass the guvernor.. i dont understand , so whats the main reason the engine will blow? bigher carburater if i change to mikuni or that i bypass the guvernor?

SAS289

LOL...I remember commenting on this video. All he's doing there is over powering governor function with his throttle hand. He's just avoiding the work and expense of doing it properly like many others.

I'm sorry, but a lot these guys in videos like this think they are clever. I feel bad for people who are new to this and copy these rig jobs. I will say this...If it works for him then he should go for it. Not my engine.