Alky engine converted to gas

Hello, I have a Briggs flathead that I would like to convert to gas for a mini bike I have, I had bought this engine and a few other engines and parts from an estate sell. so I don’t really know much about the engine,it looks to be open modified to me but idk. I believe it ran on alky before because when I put it on my mini bike and ran it on gas it ran like crap, but sometimes when I would give it throttle it would sputter then I would let off the throttle and give it full throttle again and it would pull hard and then fall on its face. I’m new to flatheads and would like some suggestions to have this engine run right on gas. The engine has an arc #6607 flywheel, HL-360a Tilly carb and that’s about all I know because I have yet to open up the crankcase.

Attachments

Triley41395

Hello, I have a Briggs flathead that I would like to convert to gas for a mini bike I have, I had bought this engine and a few other engines and parts from an estate sell. so I don’t really know much about the engine,it looks to be open modified to me but idk. I believe it ran on alky before because when I put it on my mini bike and ran it on gas it ran like crap, but sometimes when I would give it throttle it would sputter then I would let off the throttle and give it full throttle again and it would pull hard and then fall on its face. I’m new to flatheads and would like some suggestions to have this engine run right on gas. The engine has an arc #6607 flywheel, HL-360a Tilly carb and that’s about all I know because I have yet to open up the crankcase.
I'm also pretty new at this but I'm doing the same with a meth.cart motor from the 90s. Mine has a briggs carb and briggs flywheel but from what I've been told all I need to do is re-jet the carb and re-time the engine. There are definitely more knowledgeable people here than I that will probably tell you exactly how to change it.

Where is the jet located in the stock Briggs carb? Because I got a couple of carbs that I would like to know what fuel they were ran on.

After you remove (unscrew) the jet you will see 2 tiny holes, the one on the right is smaller than the one on the left. These are called the "cat's eyes" and are usually drilled out/enlarged for an engine converted to run on alcohol. If this is the case you are screwed using that carb to run gasoline as it will never run right if it even runs at all.
Michael

Bought in an estate sale means it coukd have sat for a longtime.
Clean up the fuel system.

You would know if it was set for alcohol when you fired it up and it was 1000x too rich.