H70 Lighting Coil

Looking for a lighting coil for an H70 points engine. Anyone know the part #? Can the same coil be used on other engines, like HS50/40 or H60/50 etc…

markus

They are the same as the ones the small frames used, there is one currently on ebay of course listed as HS40 Rupp mini bike. that version went until the later 1970's then diameters changed so flywheels/magnets also changed and cannot be mixed what flywheel will you be using?

They are the same as the ones the small frames used, there is one currently on ebay of course listed as HS40 Rupp mini bike. that version went until the later 1970's then diameters changed so flywheels/magnets also changed and cannot be mixed what flywheel will you be using?
Was able to pick this one up
D156B3E3-5197-4815-B261-B8411F157B20.jpeg
Looks similar to the magnet setup I have on my lighted hs40 and hs50.

markus

Was able to pick this one up
View attachment 289196
Looks similar to the magnet setup I have on my lighted hs40 and hs50.

Yes, that is the older version and use/work with the typically seen stator/charging plate like you would find on an early 70's HS. They were available on just about any size, just hard to find. There's not really a part number for a ready to go unit, as they normally did not sell them that way.

Yes, that is the older version and use/work with the typically seen stator/charging plate like you would find on an early 70's HS. They were available on just about any size, just hard to find. There's not really a part number for a ready to go unit, as they normally did not sell them that way.
ok cool, at least I know what to look for now. I’ll test it that flywheel with the coil from my hs40 when it comes