T555 Need Diff. Axle...

Ratbike

LOL!! Hind sight is always 20/20 isn't it?? I still need to find a sprocket to fit the peerless diff . I don't really want to buy a blank and try to drill the holes...:no:

Damn, they raised the price $10?????? I'm glad I got mine when I did.......... Oklahoma City is only 5 1/2 hours away from me. Hope I have it by tomorrow, I need to get the trike in the shed before it rains and gets all muddy............

Yeah they are raising the price.I guess after we ordered ours and the fact they only have "x" left and probably havent sold any in the last 10 years they must have figured they were getting hard/impossible to find... lol:doah:

mybiz

This kind of crap is making weaklings out of todays younger workers And 4 wheels come on now where is the challenge in this. Man in the year 2050 were going to have 500lbs teenagers. Were getting closer to eliminating the word LABORER:doah:
Aditional Image(s):

Called the guy today to check order. He said it won't ship till next Wednesday. The 45 tooth sprocket I ordered was on order so it will all ship together next week. He did say they ordered new diffs and they were peerless also. He said that they can buy as many as they want and said he didn't think peerless was out of business it was just a sister company or something along those lines. He also stated that they were going to make some kind of differential themselves. Something about a clutching system that was better then the peerless diffs that we are running now......... Any way, I won't have my trike rolling until next week.........

Waiting for parts I hate it.

Called the guy today to check order. He said it won't ship till next Wednesday. The 45 tooth sprocket I ordered was on order so it will all ship together next week. He did say they ordered new diffs and they were peerless also. He said that they can buy as many as they want and said he didn't think peerless was out of business it was just a sister company or something along those lines. He also stated that they were going to make some kind of differential themselves. Something about a clutching system that was better then the peerless diffs that we are running now......... Any way, I won't have my trike rolling until next week.........
I also called today and the sprocket I ordered was missing from their stock mine was a 48 tooth, and they said the same they expect the shipment in Tuesday and would ship on Wednesday. So I won't see mine till the 25 th . Big bummer but it will be nice to have a new one.
Steve :scooter:

james c

what type of brakes will you guys be using? my trike has a 1/2 axel its a dunecycle but so small i cant find disks for it. the drums really stink.
what about a front brake for these, any ideas?

Surely you must mean a 3/4" axle, I don't think anyone ever made a 1/2" axle unless its for a shopping kart. If it's an 3/4" axle you need to use 1" Dom tubing with .120 wall for sleeves. If the tubing is over 1", you will need it turned down by a machine shop.

mybiz

All depends my dune cycle had a live axle. Now my T555 has the differential with band brake for each rear axle. Myself I don't think having a front brake only on a 3wheeler is a good idea. Thats a lot of weight for a front brake trying to stop ya.
Here is an idea. If your running a clutch. But if your chain breaks or come off all you got left is feet brakes.:doah:

james c

well i just got done measuring it again and the axels and jackshaft are 1/2 inch. i dont know how many were made like this but this one is all original.
i can change the jackshaft easy but ill have to remove the axels and do something. how do you take out the axels on a peerless?
does anyone know? thanks again

mybiz

???????????

Surely you must mean a 3/4" axle, I don't think anyone ever made a 1/2" axle unless its for a shopping kart. If it's an 3/4" axle you need to use 1" Dom tubing with .120 wall for sleeves. If the tubing is over 1", you will need it turned down by a machine shop.
You've lost me:eek:hmy: What is "Dom tubing" O Depending on your computer screen size that big o is what a 1/2" shaft size looks like. And a dime is bigger than 1/2" But what is Dom "Diameter" ???