What is this? Never seen one! Maybe a custom.

that is awesome , but is that one of those little harbor freight 97cc 2hp engines on it ? even so if and I say if like I really don't have any $$, I would beg and borrow to have that to scoot on. great find :thumbsup:

Simplex Senior C

The ebay engine is a Reo, about 2 hp. Output is off the camshaft for a 2:1 reduction. Probably from a reel lawn mower. The Simplex had a 7 hp Continental. Hard to find and expensive, especially with the lighting coil. Also needs a tank, probably a torque converter, etc. $$$$, but it would be street legal.

Last edited:
The ebay engine is a Reo, about 2 hp. Output is off the camshaft for a 2:1 reduction. Probably from a reel lawn mower. The Simplex had a 7 hp Continental. Hard to find and expensive, especially with the lighting coil. Also needs a tank, probably a torque converter, etc. $$$$, but it would be street legal.
A friend of mine bought the mini. I rode it and wish it were mine. It needs a lot of work but seems like it would be an expensive mini when finished. We were also wondering about the street legal thing. It's really the size of a full size motorcycle. Also, has blinkers and a tailight. Still need a headlight.

A friend of mine bought the mini. I rode it and wish it were mine. It needs a lot of work but seems like it would be an expensive mini when finished. We were also wondering about the street legal thing. It's really the size of a full size motorcycle. Also, has blinkers and a tailight. Still need a headlight.
Probably could be registered for the street. Are there any numbers on the frame? Many motorcycles were registered off the engine numbers and there were no numbers on the frame.

How does it run with that engine?

It runs great. It needs some work. It's belt drive and the belt that was in it was worn out really bad. It will have more power when we replace that. I dunno how a torque a verter works but I bet it would do 50 or 55 with one on there. Let me know what you guy's think. Someday I'll own this bike as soon as I can talk him out of it.