Theory of 2 Tillys on 1 5hp briggs?

Lets say i have the means and desire to craft an intake for 2 tillys, what tillys would you use and could they be mounted in any rotation(ie. upside down)

i would think this would work best with 2 gas tillys running alcohol

not saying this would work any better than 1 good tilly.

rmm727

I believe most Tillys on kart engines are mounted upside down (with the pump stack facing up). If you look at snowmobile engines with Tillys, the pump is on the bottom.

Last edited:
Lets say i have the means and desire to craft an intake for 2 tillys, what tillys would you use and could they be mounted in any rotation(ie. upside down)

i would think this would work best with 2 gas tillys running alcohol

not saying this would work any better than 1 good tilly.
I would be willing to bet it would run worse then 1 carb

Ask Korndog, but you can make the intake with plumbing and it would be quite a piece. Or buy a vintage one, they made em for kart racing but I never saw one on a fiver. It could work and has been done on West bends and the like, no reason why not.:thumbsup: This is a Robin/Subaru Mikuni on my fiver bolted to a home made intake with a Tecumseh air cleanr, depends on how bad you want a thing.

Just downjet both carbs and run a synced linkage or progressive linkage to bring one in at higher revs. No limits to what a good engineer can get done.:thumbsup:

Just downjet both carbs and run a synced linkage or progressive linkage to bring one in at higher revs. No limits to what a good engineer can get done.:thumbsup:
Thats a good idea with the progressive, we use that on a few 2x4 setups around here, easy and works good

do you think it would be better to do 1.0" in and out or 1.25" in and out

i know velocity plays a big role