Carb Leak tecumseh 3.5

I recently bought new replacement parts for my carburetor, and once i put everything together and plugged the guy back in it would start to leak oil. From what im pretty sure the source of the leak is coming from the little hole in the picture. Im currently taking it apart again to see if i misplaced anything or didn't tighten anything, but i'm curious to see what you guys think?

oldfatguy

that's an air vent, your float needle and seat is leaking and letting the carb fill up with gas.
Try cleaning the seat with a Q-tip if that doesn't do it you will need to replace the rubber seat in the carb. Also flush out the gas tank to be sure there is no dirt or rust it there.

that's an air vent, your float needle and seat is leaking and letting the carb fill up with gas.
Try cleaning the seat with a Q-tip if that doesn't do it you will need to replace the rubber seat in the carb. Also flush out the gas tank to be sure there is no dirt or rust it there.
Thanks boss! i would have never thought to check out the float needle! turns out the replacement parts i got must have been for a different carb because the float needle was a different size even thought everything else fit :rolleyes:

Thanks boss! i would have never thought to check out the float needle! turns out the replacement parts i got must have been for a different carb because the float needle was a different size even thought everything else fit :rolleyes:
I just rebuilt a Tecumseh carb where the float needle stuck way out. Someone had previously dented the float to the point where it would compensate for the fact that the needle was too long.

But it wasn't a long needle at all. The previous mechanic had installed the float bushing (microscopic rubber donut) on top of the original one. It was hard to see, as it was jammed way in the bottom.

jrzmac

I recently bought new replacement parts for my carburetor, and once i put everything together and plugged the guy back in it would start to leak oil. From what im pretty sure the source of the leak is coming from the little hole in the picture. Im currently taking it apart again to see if i misplaced anything or didn't tighten anything, but i'm curious to see what you guys think?

watch these, the guy shows you step by step how to rebuild a carb. if you need parts, you can type the part numbers he gives in the search box on the bottom of the page and the parts come right up. they usually have everything you need. place is cheap and fast shipping too! Outdoor Distributors - Lawn Mower Parts if you have a lawnmower repair place near you, you could just go in and give them the tecumseh numbers and they should have most carb parts in stock. if not, order them from the place I posted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05mAs5Eoqe4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrpQRFmmTLI