Scwhinn chopper/ gx160 build

lmao!!!!! so did ya get to 50 mph? !!!!
havnt put much time into it. But this is as far as I made it.

Baseline: Governor removed and Predator carb 42.4mph
Open exhaust-44.1mph
dropped gear ratio from 8.07 to 7.62- 46.3mph
Removed fan and advanced timing 47.6mph

All testing was done with my heavy ass onboard weighing a whopping 270lbs. lol
I think the valves are floating, so I will add valvesprings, shave head and build a hand ground cam tomorrow if time permits. That should definitely get me 50+.

new exhaust:

havnt put much time into it. But this is as far as I made it.

Baseline: Governor removed and Predator carb 42.4mph
Open exhaust-44.1mph
dropped gear ratio from 8.07 to 7.62- 46.3mph
Removed fan and advanced timing 47.6mph

All testing was done with my heavy ass onboard weighing a whopping 270lbs. lol
I think the valves are floating, so I will add valvesprings, shave head and build a hand ground cam tomorrow if time permits. That should definitely get me 50+.

new exhaust:
Thats real close !!!!!!! you can do it !!!! lol

shaved head, mild port job and 26lb springs: 50.8mph!!! Just for shits n giggles I put my 120 lb son on it and he went 55.1mph. lol Gonna put a hand ground cam in tomorrow. I guess my new goal is 55mph at fatboy weight. lol

shaved head, mild port job and 26lb springs: 50.8mph!!! Just for shits n giggles I put my 120 lb son on it and he went 55.1mph. lol Gonna put a hand ground cam in tomorrow. I guess my new goal is 55mph at fatboy weight. lol
you are dedicated bro, cutting your hair off for this shit... lol... but cool... that thing movin!

......Welded & reground a stock cam and opened up a stock carb. Still working out the fuel. 54.6mph with me onboard:thumbsup: New goal 60mph. lol The gx160 is probably starting to hate me. I'm very satisfied for a $30 pressure washer motor.lol

for a 5/8" hub, just take an old centrifugal clutch, gut it, weld it together and blammo, 5/8 hub for a brake to ride on. thats what I have done to my bonanza race bike. I see you went disc and thats better.
and redo your air cleaner, I built a similar chopper, I had a honda 5hp with air cleaner like that. One day I hit a bump, almost crashed but saved it, then looked down and the air cleaner top piece had filet the back of my right leg /knee and it took 37 stitches 3 layers deep to pull the meat together. The metal top scooped right nicely and clean through my leg. :scooter:

Last edited:
for a 5/8" hub, just take an old centrifugal clutch, gut it, weld it together and blammo, 5/8 hub for a brake to ride on. thats what I have done to my bonanza race bike. I see you went disc and thats better.
and redo your air cleaner, I built a similar chopper, I had a honda 5hp with air cleaner like that. One day I hit a bump, almost crashed but saved it, then looked down and the air cleaner top piece had filet the back of my right leg /knee and it took 37 stitches 3 layers deep to pull the meat together. The metal top scooped right nicely and clean through my leg. :scooter:
Thanks for the heads up.