Motorcycles... post yours

Oh my those are nice!! And the year I was born!! :thumbsup: What no Matchless or Norton? :laugh:

I do have a 74 Norton Commando with a pile of N.O.S. Dunstall "Cafe" style parts going together as we speak (Type). :wink:
I'm looking for a mid 60's BSA Lightning for the collection.
It's all on hold until I get my Super Bronc on the road :scooter:

I do have a 74 Norton Commando with a pile of N.O.S. Dunstall "Cafe" style parts going together as we speak (Type). :wink:
I'm looking for a mid 60's BSA Lightning for the collection.
It's all on hold until I get my Super Bronc on the road :scooter:
I love Cafe bikes!! Hopefully you post it sometime somewhere on this forum!! "Ton up"!!!! :thumbsup:

I have thinned the herd, at one point I had 22 motorcycles

The list:
1964 Ducati Mach III- my uncle bought it in 67 and it's the very first motorcycle I got a ride on.

1971 Triumph TR6C - Bought it at a swap meet about 15 years ago, because my Triumph chopper wasn't done.

1977 Yamaha XS500- current bobber project

1981 Honda CM400- bought it for my son to ride, when it wouldn't start the seller threw in the Yamaha to sweeten the deal.

1982 Honda XL175 'Bastard Child' has a 250cc trike motor and a skull for a headlight... get it? HEAD light? And yes, it is a pull start.

1989 Harley FLHTC- 100 cu in stroker, Edelbrock top end and cam, 42mm flatslide mikuni, puts 80hp to the rear wheel.

Also have a Honda Big Red 3 wheeler...

la1

I have not had a motorcycle since the late 70's , here is a picture from when I did of using one Honda 750 to start up another 750 engine I just rebuilt.

Honda_zpsmyds9iby.jpg

Very nice.
A good friend of mine has a '75? Trident.
Those British triples sound super nasty mean when you open 'me up.
Very satisfying exhaust note
I used to road race a 1969 Trident that was built to 840cc and you are correct, they sound absolutely wicked. Now you did it....Now I need to pull out some of the videos so I can hear it again.

I have thinned the herd, at one point I had 22 motorcycles

The list:
1964 Ducati Mach III- my uncle bought it in 67 and it's the very first motorcycle I got a ride on.

1971 Triumph TR6C - Bought it at a swap meet about 15 years ago, because my Triumph chopper wasn't done.

1977 Yamaha XS500- current bobber project

1981 Honda CM400- bought it for my son to ride, when it wouldn't start the seller threw in the Yamaha to sweeten the deal.

1982 Honda XL175 'Bastard Child' has a 250cc trike motor and a skull for a headlight... get it? HEAD light? And yes, it is a pull start.

1989 Harley FLHTC- 100 cu in stroker, Edelbrock top end and cam, 42mm flatslide mikuni, puts 80hp to the rear wheel.

Also have a Honda Big Red 3 wheeler...

Is that Triumph for sale?

Jerry...

la1

Here is a 1969 Honda CB750 That I restored. I bought the bike as a parts bike. The owner took the engine apart and then lost interest. When I saw that the engine cases were sand cast and the oil filter cover did not have cooling fins I knew this was a first year Honda CB750.

Honda 2.jpg

la1

That bike (750 honda) was the final nail in the coffin of the British motorcycle industry.
It was part. The main reason was labor disputes and the workers locking out the factories. I had a triumph 650cc I liked it , except it had an oil tank in the one frame down tubes that cracked and leaked oil. The zenor diode voltage regulator kept burning out. The Japanese bikes didn't leak they were not temperamental . I actually went 130mph on a stock Honda 750. Same thing happened to the American car industry. I worked for GM in the late 70s. We would get new cars in with serious defects. Customers with complaints about their new cars were treated poorly, so they would get mad and buy another American car brand. It was still a UAW product just different manufacturer. Then the Japanese car industry broke the closed loop. Having said that the Japanese auto industry had an unfair advantage they were subsidized by their government, so if they had a bad year, no problem their government picked up the tab. Fortunately the American car industry has finally seen the value in customer loyalty and quality products.