Rawtone

Taco seats in the making

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has been a lot of dialoge regarding what is and what is not a Taco Minibike Seat.

Altough a true Taco Minibike seat (in my opinion) was manufactured by the "Original" Taco Minibike Company and since we cannot go back in time we rely on our own wits and other Taco Heads do do the best they can in recreating a Taco Seat that meets our needs.

For me, I have always tried to get as close as possible when fabricating Taco parts and frames and I have relied on a lot of information that was given to me by collectors of Tacos and gatherers of Taco history and using original parts from my personal stash.

The seat in the pictures is one in a batch that I recently made from a original seat that I have...I matched the foam density from the original foam and used the original material pieces to make patterns to cut the new pieces out of.

The only changes I made was using 1/2 plywood for the base and doing a ol' school tuck and roll on the top...I just liked the look of the tuck and roll vs. the "heat pleat".. I also put some cloth on the bottom to add a clean, custom look.

I just finished some Frijole Seats using the same process utilizing a old seat too.

Wadda you think?
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Rawtone
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings