Recent content by 6.5hp Shinebox

1. 6.5hp Shinebox

Heaviest valve springs without machine work (Hemi)

Correct....but the 26 lb springs are weak an need more rpms before I hit valve float
  2. 6.5hp Shinebox

So valve seats need cut & heavy duty valve train...... in order to run heavier springs alright I'll do some hunting try an find some what of a guide to go off of..
  3. 6.5hp Shinebox

Running the Black mamba Sr cam with 26lb springs .....valve train is Stock parts, 22mm mikuni carb Wondering what are the heaviest springs I can use? In a hemi predator head 27mm/25mm 5.5mm stems
  4. 6.5hp Shinebox

Predator 212 starting problems

All I did was change main jet to 38 ....& made damn sure I was getting fuel to carb....I pulled the line from pump straight to carb an filled bowl then put line back to pump so it would pulse......pulled it with full choke...popped then I opened choke & fired right up an began to idle....I...
  5. 6.5hp Shinebox

Appreciate ya taking the time to give some advice..
  6. 6.5hp Shinebox

Wasnt the adapter...wasnt getting enough fuel...with combination of header & open air filter making the engine breath & exhale easier leaned out way out...I just though I had enough fuel cause the bowl was full
  7. 6.5hp Shinebox

Update....got her to roar not sure which fixed the problem but was running lean, I screwed the air mixture all the way in & backed it out 1 full turn.... 0.22 pilot & a .38 main jet ...Now motor starts in 1 or 2 pulls . Now just to fine tune & break it in!
  8. 6.5hp Shinebox

On a modified engine? Wouldn't that Restrict the flow? Defeating the purpose on having a bored carb or any other aftermarket carb
  9. 6.5hp Shinebox

Plastic carb insulator?
  10. 6.5hp Shinebox

Yeh tried messing with mixture screw.... didnt do much good I screwed it all the way in an worked it out 1/4 turns... still did nothing I havnt tried to start the motor since i put gasket & relocated fuel tank.....in laws are over when they leave I'll head down to the garage
  11. 6.5hp Shinebox

Had to file down the choke butterfly didnt have enough clearance with the bolt you see wasnt allowing to fully close choke.. Much better all the way closed.. Gasket installed Put tank on just to see if this helps out.. as before I've had the motor mounted on a 15° engine mount on the chassis...
  12. 6.5hp Shinebox

I had a gasket laying around from the stock carb I'll throw it on an see what the pig does...if doesnt work I'm going to break the carb down an soak it in chem dip
  13. 6.5hp Shinebox

I'm not even using a gasket between the carb & head...ordered parts & no gaskets... but you think that could be the underlined culprit? A vacuum leak at the carb would cause these symptoms? .... it wouldn't be Air/fuel mixture? I'm not sure besides I know it's all carb related I have to...
  14. 6.5hp Shinebox

With the choke off & throttle slightly open & a shot of spray it will pop but it dies as soon as it starts...it purrs real loud for 1 sec & pffft dead.... now I did foul a plug earlier & since then replaced it & have same issue
  15. 6.5hp Shinebox

I forgot to say the carb I'm running is the Dj-2227 .625 bored ruixing https://www.arcracing.com/dj-2227-625-bp-carburetor-for-gas/