Recent content by Arthur Kill

1. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

By "under there" you mean, dropped down into the cylinder, right? :oops:
  2. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

Yep, OHV valve related. Pulled off the OHV cover and right away noticed the valve spring just laying there. The valve was nowhere to be found, so the whole thing is probably down in the cylinder, busting apart. The rocker arm was broken and pieces of it were laying out, also the push-rod was...
  3. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

Yes, I think you're right, the most logical explanation is that something is in there - but the more I ponder it, the more I think not "dropped in", but broke. I'm thinking likely a broken valve? You think? :oops:
  4. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

Pretty sure it's not that. The piston goes up AND down when I turn the flywheel, so.... :oops:
  5. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

It is. I wanted to survey the more experienced here because this engine has very little value unless it runs. Any investment in time and/or parts would surpass the engine's actual cash value. Got it from a friend who only reported that "he could not pull the rope." but i will ask him how it...
  6. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

:D I know, I know. But the only pic I considered was the crushed spark plug, which isn't very exciting. Maybe I could get my wife to hold it in a bikini?
  7. Arthur Kill

Crushed Spark Plug, WTF?

**Twilight Zone Music*** Toro 4-stroke, 87CC OHV Electric Start taking off a 18-inch snowthrower. Pull start is locked - pull the spark plug and it's CRUSHED, like the piston slammed into it. (Yes, I checked, it's the correct spark plug.) Pull the starter cover off and I can spin the fly-wheel...
  8. Arthur Kill

WTF is this thing?

I'm gonna follow that lead, thanks mass! I already saw something called "fire grenades" on google. Supposedly ceased to be used in the early 50's because of their toxicity, they were hurled at the base of a fire to extinguish. I'll keep you posted. Anyone else chime in if you have an idea...
  9. Arthur Kill

WTF is this thing?

It's about 18" tall and a slot on the back to hang it on the wall. There is a sealed glass vessel inside with about 40 ounces a liquid that seems to be the consistency of water. Anybody?
  10. Arthur Kill

Brakes for Old Style DB

PM sent
  11. Arthur Kill

Brakes for Old Style DB

Caliper, rotor or -- caliper and rotor. I'll take whatever you have as long as the price is reasonable. (Mine looks like this one)
  12. Arthur Kill

Tecumseh H70 7HP Engine

SOLD!!! Thanks all for looking.
  13. Arthur Kill

Tecumseh H70 7HP Engine

Thanks. 3/4" This engine has a 3/4 inch output shaft. :thumbsup:
  14. Arthur Kill

Tecumseh H70 7HP Engine

$149. or best offer. Take the entire machine or just the engine, your choice.
  15. Arthur Kill

Tecumseh H70 7HP Engine

Starts right up and runs strong. Still mounted to a Simplicity 755 Snowblower with a blown trans. (Transmission is obsolete as are many of the trans parts needed for rebuild) Has perfect working electric start. Manufacture year believed to be 1986. (blower housing stamp = H70-130261K...