Recent content by Bill Ellerby

1. B

Briggs 6.5 vertical shaft

If you take that small silver looking cover/plug out you will need a new one. They are called welch plugs. Sounds like you do have a air leak. Pull the carb and make sure the o-ring is good along with the gasket. The other possibility is the funny looking gasket on the back side of the air...
  2. B

Happy Birthday to Bill Ellerby

Thanks everyone. Yesterday was a very interesting day for me. Why? Because my 8th grandchild was born on my bithday. Nice gift!!!! Yes Noella Carmen Rodriguez- 7lbs 11 ounces, length 20".
  3. B

Adapter for air filter

You can make your own adapter for less then $3 by buying a PVC cap for a 2" pipe at Lowes. Get the one that is hex shaped head and find the center then drill a hole to the width of the carb with a step drill bit. Using the small gasket that goes between the oem carb plate and air filter assy...
  4. B

inch lbs. torque wrench

Interesting thread. Being a retired Navy Jet Mechanic with 26 years working on rngines and helos the subject of rolling back the torque wrench always came up. We were always taught to roll back the setting. While in the Navy the Army did an extensive testing of torque wrenches to resolve this...
  5. B

Freak Karts, Customs, Homemades, and Oddballs

The first Honda Civic was 1973 powered by a 599cc motor.
  6. B

LiquidPiston "X Mini" 70 cc Rotary Engine

Hey Dave I too worked on the C-117D at NAS Bermuda till we sent it to mothballs. Mid 70's.
  7. B

Let's see your Christmas presents

Got the same as last year-Nothing. Just the way I like it.
  8. B

Murray track 2 build

Try looking up "headsets" under Bicycle Components and Parts on Ebay. Murray would have used their bicycle parts building the minibike vice coming up with a completely new bearing set. See Ebay item 151058584965.
  9. B

Murray track 2 build

Try looking up "headsets" under Bicycle Components and Parts on Ebay. Murray would have used their bicycle parts building the minibike vice coming up with a completely new bearing set.
  10. B

briggs "type" number meaning help needed

Try contacting Briggs and Stratton at their website. They have a chat line that may give you the answer. But you would be surprise how little they also know about their engines as I found out one time talking with them.
  11. B

briggs "type" number meaning help needed

The second set of numbers are for the application of the motor. The company ordering the motor for use in its equipment. That number is not that important. The model is what is important.
  12. B

Stock Briggs Animal Camshaft

Anyone looking to upgrade their Briggs Intek camshaft from plastic ones to a stock Briggs Animal checkout ebay item 141501052621. Just $8.99 plus $6.80 S/H. Good deal I got 4 already.
  13. B

Conned into rebuilding an old Bonanza

Wheels are Kaw KV75, I have a set. They are identical to mine.
  14. B

Does anyone know the part # for the PTO side crank seal on a ball bearing HS50?

Well I see two different p/n for an oil seal. 27897 which was used on over 8000 different Tec motors and 28540 which was used on over 1600 different Tec motors. Hopefully someone with better knowledge will chime in.
  15. B

Does anyone know the part # for the PTO side crank seal on a ball bearing HS50?

Do you have the full model number for the motor other then just HS50?