Recent content by Boomstick

1. Boomstick

gas prices

I want to say the lowest I've seen it in CT was 2.33, but I might be wrong. Don't worry, once summer hits, it'll probably be $5+ a gallon. Just watch.
  2. Boomstick

what jets should i run

You're gonna want to go get ahold of a rod & crank from a Buick 320 straight 8. The crank, you're gonna chop down to one journal & use as the crank for your motor now for extra stroke. We're talking swept volume and torque for days. Straight 8 cranks are cheap anyway, so they're good donor...
  3. Boomstick

Craigslist selling rant/looking for advice.

This, right here.
  4. Boomstick

Honestly, I wouldn't refund a dime. Have him bring the engine along. If it was straight when you sold it to him, and he blew it, it's his problem. Because he did it & you shouldn't have to pay for HIS mistake.
  5. Boomstick

I don't doubt he spun a bearing. He probably pounded on it or didn't assemble the thing as he should. However, buying any used part is a gamble. It's the BUYER'S responsibility to look something over before they can gripe about it. That's why I sell everything AS-IS. Everything I sell...
  6. Boomstick

Cam issues hard to turn over

The only solution is to start it up as is & run it at full throttle with no load on it.
  7. Boomstick

flywheel has a wobble to it

It's good that another Connecticadian gets it. :thumbsup:
  8. Boomstick

flywheel has a wobble to it

See where the flywheel has got wobble to it, & then hammer it back straight real good like.
  9. Boomstick

2.5/3.0hp B&S performance parts?

5000rpm's is probably stretching it by a fair margin to be honest with all of you. I sincerely doubt the flywheel is a danger at 5k, but the stock rod is probably not going to like it. I have a really nice low hour '71 3hp that might respond nicely to a small mikuni, a header, port & head...
  10. Boomstick

Predator 420cc

How much would it cost to ship?
  11. Boomstick

Modding Predator, hard to turn near TDC

First of all, welcome aboard, secondly, turning it over without the cover on is beating the hell out of the bearing on the flywheel side. Essentially, turning the crank over by hand without the cover, the crank is not running true against the bearing as there is no way to align it (which would...
  12. Boomstick

2.5/3.0hp B&S performance parts?

I wouldn't want to try a 7000rpm pull on the cast rod & the iron flywheel (more-so the flywheel!). I thought there were billet rods for these? If that was the case, a nice, peppy 4500rpm-ish build would be cool to do.
  13. Boomstick

Help! Removed governor then cannot start/very hard to turn engine over... Binds?

"Also big disclaimer: I decided to do all these things without engine oil in it since it was still "wet" inside the case and I have seen so many yt vids of ppl trying to burn up an engine that I wasn't afraid to run it without oil at idle speeds..." Just because it's done on Youtube doesn't...
  14. Boomstick

Stuck Clinton

That actually looks identical to my old Clinton. Bought a rod for it, trying to find time to put it together. They're really neat old engines. Mine ran for years & years & years & years with bare minimum maintenance turning a small water pump at low speed. And yes, they're HEAVY (but that's...
  15. Boomstick

ring size on a 5hp briggs

Good score, and the bore on the other one is really iffy. With that prominent of a ridge, it might end up as scrap, or as a beat-it-till-it-blows engine once put back together with the stuff that was already in it.