Recent content by CJ59

1. C

Axle spanner bushing....

The spanner bushing surrounds the axle bolt the entire distance between the forks, passing through the wheel bearings. Outside the wheel bearings, there are spacers to center the wheel between the forks. These spacers register against the inner race of the wheel bearings.
  2. C

Axle spanner bushing....

So, I have 1/2" OD bolts along with a spanner bushing 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD that passes through the bearings, used with 5/8" ID spacers to center the wheel in the forks (pressing against inner race of wheel bearings). I need a spanner bushing that I can cut to length. The longest spanner bushing...
  3. C

Tecumseh Plastic Fuel Tank Resto

I would like to learn what members have done to restore yellowed plastic tanks. I'm doing a full resto on the 2.5 HP Tecumseh for my 1971 Allied Leisure Mini Mate. The tank was originally white to match the engine paint.
  4. C

Tecumseh white engine paint...

Thanks, I might use a high heat primer as a a base coat.
  5. C

Tecumseh white engine paint...

I've been reading posts about the correct white shade for the Tecumseh engine circa 1970 or so. After seeing that Duplicolor Dover white is a good choice, my question is, Does it hold up to the heat of running? Do most people that use it not plan on running the engine much? How does it hold up...
  6. C

I would like to identify this old mini bike

I think that's the winner. I am going to restore it for fun. If I go by the engine date, it should be a '71 or early '72. The Lil' Indian aluminum wheels are in great shape.
  7. C

I was able to peel off a painted over tag on the engine plate. Here are the images of the frame. Metallic green appears to be the original color under the painted over tag. Any ideas on getting paint off of the tag without ruining it? Any idea on the year?
  8. C

I am thinking that this is an older model. I bought it around '91, and the engine had a new carb, and a .020" over piston in it. It was well used at that time. It does have the aluminum rims. Maybe that would be a clue? Is there a number stamped on it anywhere? It looks very similar to the...
  9. C

Thank You!!! Any idea on what year it was made?
  10. C

I bought this and re-did it for my nephews back in the early 90's. After I heard that they were going to put it out to the road, I grabbed it. That was after the nephews outgrew it. I am going to tinker with it and get it running again. It has a 2.5 HP Tecumseh on it. I added the chain guard and...