Recent content by delray

1. delray

hs40 rupp crank drawing

funky ole. here is another link what kind of cranks are being modified. HSSK50 small block mods | OldMiniBikes.com
  2. delray

hs40 rupp crank drawing

joe, also don't forget the other end will need to be modified. that's if you are taking newer crank and making it into points crank. here is a link of me making a hs50 33837 crank for a Rupp or any other project build. MAKING HS50 33837 CRANKSHAFT | OldMiniBikes.com straight out of Compton....lol
  3. delray

OHH vs OHSK vs OH195...does it interchange?

they should carry the same stroke...etc.
  4. delray

Would OldMiniBikes like to have a forum for PhatMoto and other motorized bicycles?

I would say NO. Go find your own kind of forums for that kind of stuff.
  5. delray

Tecumseh HS40 crank shaft wanted

there was a newer hs40 that came on snow blowers with that big shaft that would work perfect, but they are little harder to find.
  6. delray

Ducar 212, how to break it in.

Lot different productions to pick from. but for the most part just run a 5w-30 with zinc additive(lucas come in a 16oz bottle., add couple oz's to your 5w-30) for 15 -20 mins then dump it and you can go straight back with the same oil and additive or if you want to change over to synthetic. Go...
  7. delray

224 is listed as 3.25" taller than a 212?

Yep, factory 224 recoils are the heavy-duty style found on snow blower..etc. they run a tall recoil cone starter cup and all. I have found them on other clone engines in the past and they get in the way for leg room for sure.:scooter:
  8. delray

HS50 Cyl cover with Bearing

Couple that I have right in front of me . Both seat about .200 in the cover and if you look real close at the crank surface you will see why they seat in little. If they sat way out they may not seal with the crank surface. .
  9. delray

Machine work

Ginz61, I have done a few in the past for hs-50's. I now see someone else does them on Facebook, but not sure how well his work is? i just don't have time to doing now. I see your looking for a hs-40 crank. Tecumseh did make some newer cranks with the large crank ends that a guy could machine...
  10. delray

FLAT TRACK BIKE

real good, unfortunately the guys are saying you can't get 12" anymore? kind of ok with me. going with a new 12' tire this year that could be way better than the Dunlop's. we will see. Fistfullabar, if you are using the 10" tire. look into a 2.15-2.5 wide rim to get a much better crown/...
  11. delray

Heald VT-8 top engine support bracket.

not all 8hp and 10hp come with sleeves. not sure on the rod journal size on the 8hp and the rod length and pin/piston bore size...etc. but if it was only the rod journal that was different on a 8hp. guy could have the journal rewelded and grind to a 10hp size and then run a billet rod. that's...
  12. delray

More like I'm just tricking it out just little.... lol. block is in real good shape and all. just needs a quick hone . new rings, valve job and maybe little cleaning up the ports if any bad casting flaws. plan on running a flat side 24mm mikuni, advance timing just a tad, stock cam with maybe...
  13. delray

this one got the pin and neat brake light setup.
  14. delray

yes, just the 10hp. the 8hp has a different size rod journal.
  15. delray

you can use the same thickness that you have bolted to your engine.