Recent content by Dusty H.

1. D

Rear Wheel Alignment Not Centered

I can do that, but the sprockets won’t be aligned at all.
  2. D

Would you be kind enough to link me to what you have in mind?
  3. D

The current wheel doesn't have much to allow for spacing. To make sure I'm following, essentially use a wheel similar to this, but add spacers as need to the bolts?
  4. D

This what you mean by a drum sprocket?
  5. D

We recently acquired an old minibike. From a previous post, it seems as though it is some sort of Bird Engineering frame. I'm looking for advice on the rear wheel set-up. As you will see from the photos, the rear wheel greatly favors the clutch side of the frame, which makes the wheel...
  6. D

Methods of Locking Axle Nuts

I've been away and haven't checked this thread if a few days. Boy, what great comments.... Mr. Pink - I especially want to thank you for your feedback. Your comments, and the others in this thread, have really helped me develop a common approach. Thanks again to everyone.
  7. D

never considered that
  8. D

We've aquired a few different minibikes and what has struck me is the varying ways axle nuts get "secured" (if at all). Here are some photos of the different ones we have. Seems to me the safest is to use a drilled hole and cotter pin. Any of you have a preferred method?
  9. D

Identification Help

Interesting. So someone did add new bars/forks. Other thing I noticed about these bars is how heavy they are. Makes the bike front heavy and had me wondering if they were original or not. Must be a heavier wall tubing than the rest of the frame.
  10. D

Identification Help

After looking at Bird Engineering Sprite, I can sure see the similarities. One thing I haven’t seen in any of the online photos, are the same type of handle bars. Maybe they aren’t original.
  11. D

Identification Help

Thank you. Are you fairly confident before I go start researching?
  12. D

Identification Help

Can anyone help identify this mini bike?
  13. D

Comment by 'Dusty H.' in media 'Doodle Bug'

Mark - thanks for following up. I took a chance and bought one I found on EBay. Fingers crossed.
  14. D

Comment by 'Dusty H.' in media 'Doodle Bug'

Can you tell me where you got your exhaust pipe as well as the type/model number? Predator 212 engine?
  15. D

Fuel Tank ID and Thread Info

Thanks. Missed this reply before I posted the picture of the caliper measurement.