Recent content by EricD..

1. E

Converting non charging hs50 to charging

That looks great! Couple questions. How did you clean the parts? Everything looks brand new. What did you use for a crank shaft?
  2. E

Hey guys, I really need help finding this engine, or the 5hp version preferably. I need it for my MTD trail flite, I want to keep it original.

Yes you can but finding a lighting coil and flywheel for an early HS40 is a little difficult and pricy. But they do come up for sale. If you can live with the more square shroud there are more options out there. I’m no expert, But I just went through this. I ended up finding a 1970 lighting...
  3. E

Hey guys, I really need help finding this engine, or the 5hp version preferably. I need it for my MTD trail flite, I want to keep it original.

They are out there. Expensive. Good option is to find a snowblower. They are usually cheap and be converted over
  4. E

1970 vs 1971 Rupp blue color difference

Send them a message. They are super helpful for me. I used the paint code that had provided for the red for 1970 Roadster. I had a pant supply place mix up the paint. I used acrylic urethane. Came out fantastic! Color is right on.
  5. E

H50 Snow blower motor

Speaking of parts. Where can you get new parts for the Hs40? Pistons and rings in particular
  6. E

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas
  7. E

Lighting Coil Questions

Thanks, Again guys. Yes I know the squared housing is undesirable. It’s what’s been on there since I had it for about 34 years. So to me it looks normal. I do think about changing it though. I do have an early HS40. I’m not sure what to do with. It would need the crank tapped and the...
  8. E

Lighting Coil Questions

Great info guys thanks for the replies. Ok so not all bad here. I do want the Rupp to use original lights and bulbs so the coil I have is no good. But the flywheel is good. I does use CDI ignition or what I would call electronic ignition. I took the HS50 that’s on the bike apart and...
  9. E

Lighting Coil Questions

I went to an automotive swap meet this past Sunday and found a pile of crap snowblower with to my surprise had a to what I believe a HS50 on it with a lighting coil! I paid 25 bucks for it and lugged it home. I got it running and the light works. Question. There is only one wire. I was...
  10. E

1971 HS40

Did you sand blast those parts or something else?
  11. E

1971 HS40

Great Work! Cant wait to see it done
  12. E

1970 rupp sprint needs help looking for ideas

it’s worth putting some money into. You have a lot there. Just a FYI. There is a swap meet on Sunday May 6 at Rentscher Field in East Hartford. It’s an Automotive type meet but there is always small engines, go kart mini bike stuff too. You could probably fine a nice vintage Tecumseh engine...
  13. E

1972 Tecumseh HS40 slanted

Beautiful job!
  14. E

1970 Rupp Roadster rolling project bike

Where are you located?
  15. E

What to use for exhaust pipe?

Just got this one for my 1970 Roadster from black widow motor sports. Super nice piece.