Recent content by EVOL Tweety Bird

1. EVOL Tweety Bird

What the heck, who sells these brake pads?

Well heard from Enginetics, they said to use the 303 pads in place of what I have.
  2. EVOL Tweety Bird

Close, but mine have no place for the center mount tab/ hole, (could cut it off) and mine have a rivet locating pin in the center of the pad to fit the piston.
  3. EVOL Tweety Bird

After selling my last build, I picked up an abused go kart, underneath all the grunge, it appears this was at one time an asphalt racing kart. Chrome moly frame, Burris engine mount, Margay spindles, Enginetics hydraulic dual piston brakes, etc. Anywho, I'll be dipped if I can find the correct...
  4. EVOL Tweety Bird

New here saying hi what's everyone working on?

Recently finished this one, self built frame/forks/bars. Honda 390 reworked, 40 series TAV, fire extinguisher fuel tank. And to switch gears, picked up an old asphalt kart, slowly rebuilding it.
  5. EVOL Tweety Bird

Troubleshooting

One other thing, check the air filter. If it's clogged the engine will starve for air. p.s. pull your plug and check the color of the insulator, should be a a brown color, if it's black you have a too rich or oil fouling problem, if it's a real light tan, nearly white you are running way too...
  6. EVOL Tweety Bird

I have a coleman ct200ex only doing 25

Agree with above, the Tav2 is an overdrive unit so it will actually increase the engine's speed to the wheel. Toss the jackshaft and go straight to the wheel. Also make sure your throttle plate is actually opening the whole way. My Coleman runs a non Hemi 212 Predator and will do 50 mph easily.
  7. EVOL Tweety Bird

Questions after torque converter install

Late to the party but, just a tip with the PITA T/C cover. Easy fix. Pick up 4 longer bolts to fit the holes in the backing plate for the cover. Install the cover and than the bolts, mark the bolts approx 3/8" above the cover, and flush with the cover. Two marks each bolt. Cut off the bolts at...
  8. EVOL Tweety Bird

Torque Converter for Predator 212

I went with the "cheap China" TAV for my Predator Coleman, as stated you need standard bolts to mount it, not metric. Quick trip to the auto parts store or hardware takes care of that. And yes the stock bushing failed pretty quickly, I picked up a pair of them from OldMiniBikes. Maybe I'm lucky but I...
  9. EVOL Tweety Bird

Was I the Only One?

Could end up being a good thing. I dropped off my pair of bikes at a friend of my wife's garage, to store while we are moving. He took one look at the bikes and drooling over them. Today I get a call that he wants one built for him. I told him how much just in parts I had in the Coleman and...
  10. EVOL Tweety Bird

Song Title Game

A quick one while he's AWAY, The Who
  11. EVOL Tweety Bird

Coleman CT200u EX Advice

Sorry for the belated reply, but going down hill the clutch should not have any effect on "braking". It should be freewheeling at idle speed. Now that said, if your idle speed is too high, it could cause the clutch to be trying to lock up, so you would have an initial amount of drag, but it...
  12. EVOL Tweety Bird

Detune Predator?

Put a smaller driven sprocket on it to reduce torque/wheelies. My T-Bird was a wheelie monster, just blip the throttle and the front wheel would lift off, and I weigh 200 pounds. Smaller tooth count sprocket made a world of difference to the wheelie problem, but as others have stated, turn in...
  13. EVOL Tweety Bird

Self taping bolt Sizes

1/4" x 20 for the governor hole, 7/16" x 14 or 20 for the low oil sensor. Don't know about using a self tapper, you may end up with metal shavings in the crankcase. Most just pull the side cover, tap the holes, and then can clean up any metal shavings. Something else to think about if you are...
  14. EVOL Tweety Bird

Upgrading MM E -1000 electric bikes to Lithium ion batteries.

Nice clean install! These are actually kinda fun to play with, you just have to make your own engine noises. LOL! I hadn't even thought about using a watt meter on mine, have to go dig it out of the flight box. I'm still working on getting all the other wiring figured out for the horn/turn...