Recent content by Hellfish

1. H

White Knuckle Scramble 2016 - LAST ONE

Great videos! Did you get an aerial of any of the kart races?
  2. H

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday! We had perfect weather. There WILL be a 2017 race afterall!! A guy named Mark has stepped forward to take over and he's already working on plans for 2017. I forgot to bring my camera, but hopefully someone else did. The number of racers was slightly...
  3. H

There's also the website, but I accidentally deleted a bunch of event photos in a failed webpage update. :D There are more pics on FB. Here are some pics from last year. It was HOT. This year looks like it will be around 80* and sunny, so a great day to race. AND we may have someone who wants...
  4. H

Good news about Broadhead! Their description implied no hot laps. Even better news that there will be some karts in attendance! I was beginning to think I'd be the only one there. Fingers crossed that I actually complete at least one race this year... Hey, 6doggie3, I sent you a PM. You can buy...
  5. H

My Simplex Challenger

I have a 1960-61 Simplex Challenger MkII which I think is the model that precedes yours... or yours precedes mine. Mine came with B&S, but it would have originally come with 2 Clinton A100s. It currently has a West Bend 820 on it. :) A previous owner did some major frame damage and did a really...
  6. H

mini bike track time

Yes, I put on the Scramble. It's nice to see another track allowing minibikes, but it's not racing, just exhibition runs. I imagine that if this inaugural year goes well that they may allow limited racing in the future. I'm glad to see the vintage kart community expanding its focus. Here's the...
  7. H

upper midwest events

I heard from someone involved with that event. They are allowing minibikes on the track for the first time, BUT only as an exhibition run. NO racing. Minibikes will also be allowed in the kart show.
  8. H

Yes, we've decided this will be the last one we do. Lots of reasons, but primarily because I'm moving out of state. The good news is that there is a big vintage kart event that same weekend in Quincy which means fewer karts and more minibike time on the track! I'm working on the website...
  9. H

upper midwest events

The (last) White Knuckle Scramble will be on August 6
  10. H

White Knuckle Scramble 2015

Oh yeah, I only saw 1 2-stroke (Mac) powered minibike wipe out and 1 twin-engine kart flip over... although I had my kart up on 2 wheels going around some of the turns.
  11. H

Thanks to everyone who came out! I'm still waiting on the final tally from the track, but I think there were about 20 minibikes racing, 18 sidewinder karts, and 5-6 each in the single and dual rear engine kart classes. I'll try to upload some videos & pics later We still have a few glasses...
  12. H

All is GO for Saturday! Yeah, it looks like it's going to be hot, with a chance of some stray rain, but maybe they'll let us race in the rain like the good old days. Nah, I'm optimistic it won't rain at all. We'll also have a very limited number of these MADE IN THE USA pint glasses for sale...
  13. H

White Knuckle Scramble III - minibike racing in IL

Less than a month away!
  14. H

White Knuckle Scramble III - minibike racing in IL

Yep, vintage minibike racing (and vintage kart racing, we like it both ways ;) ) all day! Race it on the track, or drag it. Easy to comply with rules. What safety equipment you don't already have, you can rent at the track for $5, so don't freak out. Details at: Home Page