Recent content by ianmanning26

1. ianmanning26

home made cylinder tank

yo subfanatic, thats a sweet little streaker you got there. i love the tires they really go well on that bike. Not a predator fan, but that's just because i dont own any yet. Looks cool and yeah im sure i can make a tank to suit your needs. pm me if you want to start figuring out what you...
  2. ianmanning26

home made cylinder tank

hello all...i am soooo sorry about my recent absence. i have been away with work for over a month so if anyone out there has been trying to get ahold of me i am sorry. i am answering all of my messages now so if you pm'd me there is a response coming now. thanks guys.....it's great to be back...
  3. ianmanning26

having problems with my exhaust

i have a single stage agk rear exit header and an rlv silencer, heres the problem. the header tube is slightly smaller in diameter than the opening for the rlv silencer so it leaves about a 1/8" gap all around when i slide the rlv on. i do not want to try and build up weld the gap and im not...
  4. ianmanning26

problems with engine getting hot very quickly

i think i paniced for no reason about the temp. turns out you are right, they run these things upwards of 400 degrees for 50 laps so mine is not overheating. i do a lot of small outboard engine repair but those engines are water cooled and should never get over 165 or your in trouble. but that...
  5. ianmanning26

im running lean, need a little help

i have a hf blue 6.5, gov removed, alum honda flywheel, agk header, the rest is stock. i think im running lean because ive lost a lot of low end power since ive installed the header. im running the header with an rlv silencer. i know that i have increased air flow exiting the engine so now i...
  6. ianmanning26

cat?

A kid emailed me with this picture saying he had, "an awesome vintage mini bike" for sale or trade. He was responding to an ad I placed on cl. Obviously he did not realize that what he really has is a pile of doo doo with and engine on it. I just wanted to make sure it want something odd or...
  7. ianmanning26

problems with engine getting hot very quickly

okay so here's the deal I have a 6.5 harbor freight greyhound clone engine that has served me very well over the last few months. I have remove the governor and install it on the lightweight aluminum flywheel with timing advance. I had a home made exhaust on it consisting of a 16 inch long 1...
  8. ianmanning26

cat?

Appears to have a tec 3.5 on it. Looks allot like a cat I have. Anyone confirm or deny? Thank you
  9. textfree95689336686

textfree95689336686

10. ianmanning26

how to clutch brake?

Kustomkart, what is keeping your brake cable in place when you let off the brake? Mine tends to move, the whole cable and sleeve instead of just the cable moving in and out of the sleeve?????????!!!!!!!!!!
  11. ianmanning26

home made cylinder tank

I got a nice new miller tig today so production should be starting any day now. I need to take a kinda survey to see if there is an actual demand for these things that would justify me starting to make them in large quantities. If anyone out there is interested in having one made please chime...
  12. ianmanning26

Front hydraulic brake kit

I have the stock rear brakes on my bike and they just dont cut it. I think they are damaged or something, the pads are fine i checked them, it just doesnt seem to matter how much i tighten the cable, it always seems as if my brake lever just does not pull the cable far enough for the brakes to...
  13. ianmanning26

how to clutch brake?

ok so i took you guy's how to's and gave it a shot. I got my band installed and it seems like its going to work besides one problem. Now that i have it hooked up, what can i do to secure the end of the cable sleeve so it doesnt move. i need to come up with some way to put a hand grip stlye...
  14. ianmanning26

What do I have with suspension & jackshaft?

You can drill a small hole through the hold down bolt. I grinded a small groove in the bolt that is securing my band brake, this way the threads on either side of the groove act kinda like a guide for the cable and its a round bend so the cable doesnt bind as much. You can run the cable over...
  15. ianmanning26

home made cylinder tank

Yeah I literally just figured that out. Went out into the garage and went ahead and started tacking all around it and it actually turned out really well. I'm going to let it sit for a few and go fill in any holes then hot it with the grinder. Fortunately I put that steel band behind the joint...