Recent content by johnnyp

1. J

Newbie needs help with my first mini bike build

SparkWizard, I appreciate all of the tips on this thread. I know you guys have a lot of experience doing these things. Please dont think because I am asking about other solutions I do not appreciate the ones that the guys have suggested. I just know from the engineering world that it is good...
  2. J

I purchased a new throttle/cable and it has a spring to close the throttle when released.
  3. J

My original set up had the wire with the little z at the end like most lawn tractor carbs. I started upgrading the throttle cable, etc and the new cable does not have the wire with the little z at the end. Its like the ones you see advertised with the braided wire with a cable stop at the end...
  4. J

Open for discussion. After reading all of your tips (I really appreciate them) I have decided how I want to proceed. Let me know any thoughts. I am going to drill a new hole in the plate, see attached pic. I will then use one of the cable anchors in the other pic to slide the cable through...
  5. J

Wow, looks great. Thank you very much!
  6. J

I am pretty sure I can.
  7. J

I like this idea. Unless I can find a throttle cable with a looped (?) end, I will drill a new hole and use the cable stop.
  8. J

I tried that and there is not much room to do it. I was afraid too much mass and too much interference could cause issues with throttle getting stuck, etc
  9. J

I am in Michigan, near Fenton.
  10. J

I did purchase the cable stop clamps but am at a loss as to how to use them. The hole that the cable goes through is too small to insert even the smallest diameter cable stop (and the bolt is also too large to fit through the hole). I could drill out the hole but there is not much material...
  11. J

cowboyJoe, thank you very much, this site has been great
  12. J

I am making progress but having a hard time figuring out how to connect the throttle cable to the engine linkage. I have attached a pic. The thin steel wire that was on the engine is bent so it can slide through the linkage hole but my new throttle cable is wire braided. I am driving myself...
  13. J

Crankshaft tap

I looked and cannot find it. Do you happen to have a link?
  14. J

having trouble with mini bike build

i have machined and tapped holes before but was able to do it by hand. do i have to remove the crank and put it in a drill press? what is the process that most guys have been using to drill and tap this crank?
  15. J

having trouble with mini bike build

i would weld (spot) a bolt to the broken bolt and walk it out of there with a wrench that fits the head of the bolt you spot welded onto the busted bolt