Recent content by kart74

1. K

Muffler options

I have been using the "hot dog" muffler which is good sound wise, but according to a local motor builder it kills hp. Doesn't flow enough. I bought a few of them and drilled different size holes in the baffle plate but they get loud quick. I am going to try and add packing to one as well and see...
  2. K

Muffler options

Hey. Wondering what everyone is using for mufflers? I have been trying different ones to find something that flows, but isn't crazy loud. We don't want to piss off the neighbors, but so far anything that is not overly restrictive is also very loud. I have even disassembled some and added...
  3. K

224 cams

Hey guys. Starting to think about my winter refresher of my 224. Currently using the Dyno cm cam which has the 224 core. I would like to try some other cams but it seems no one else has the 224 cores. When I built this I had a 212 cam and had issues with the compression release hitting the...
  4. K

Nibbi carb tuning

I started with a 130 main and have also gone up to with that to a 145. Based on wot passes id say a 135 is where the main should be. I am thinking it may be too much carb.
  5. K

Nibbi carb tuning

I will take a look. From past experiences it seemed that the needle change was more of a fine tuning thing. Do you think it would cause such a big issue? Cracking the throttle fast sounds like the kill button.
  6. K

Nibbi carb tuning

I have tried the needle all the way the the lowest clip position and doesn't really change the issue. I started with a 35 pilot and have gone to a 45. It runs good but the quick opening is really bad. Yes mainly woods racing.
  7. K

Nibbi carb tuning

So I picked up a nibbi pwk26 for my mod 224. Previously had a mikuni 26 knockoff. Anyone have experience with these? I have it running good, but if you wack the throttle from low rpm (think hole shot) it just falls on its face. It almost shuts off. If I roll onto the throttle it seems good. Good...
  8. K

224 help!!

So thought I would post some updates. On the motor that didn't have the bad cam I added the new dovan coil, shimmed the valves to .850, and installed 2 vents with pcv off the valve cover. I also talked to ec carbs and he suggested a different carb. I picked up a nibbi 26 flat slide. Today I got...
  9. K

224 help!!

Talked to dyno and they said with 22lb springs they assume a bad lobe and will replace it. So that's nice. Tires are 19x7-8 and are 20 inches tall.
  10. K

224 help!!

No piston and valves all look good
  11. K

224 help!!

Do you run race gas? I have a hard time reading any plug it seems with that.
  12. K

224 help!!

You run bpr9es plugs? I have used the 3910x and bpr6es. The 9 is a colder plug correct?
  13. K

224 help!!

Thank you. Ordered. Break in was done on both as you described with the addition of a zinc additive. I have hot rods with flat tappet cams and is needed there so figured it couldn't hurt. Both have magnetic plugs. They always have metal on them. The one that the cam was fine had a layer of black...
  14. K

224 help!!

Ok both motors torn apart. What I left out in the beging was that one of them was worse than the other. Well that one rounded off the exhaust cam lobe! So will be calling dyno tomorrow. Other one measures out just fine. The rocker geometry looks good. The spring height was .880 on intake and...
  15. K

224 help!!

Sorry forgot to check this yesterday. Both motors are out and I am going to check all of the valve train suggestions here. Those are the rockers I used. They have stock length chromoly pushrods. Last night we went to local flat track races and there is a huge mini bike group. Talked to many of...