Recent content by Lockasiam

1. Lockasiam

B&S 3.5 carb help

Here is parts for your engine
  2. Lockasiam

Motorized bicycle question

I have a weed whacker engine that I want to put on a bicycle. I want to use the original clutch cover, but need to put a bicycle sprocket on it. I know (kinda) what I'm going to do about mounting the sprocket, but I need to space it away from the cover. Should I use washers as a spacer or a pipe...
  3. Lockasiam

Help ID'ing briggs

Here's a Parts breakdown for your specific engine 12 cu in is about 196 cc Your engine was made July 27th, 2003
  4. Lockasiam

Help ID'ing briggs

You can find diagrams for your engine on This website, under parts diagrams and then briggs and stratton, and find find your series, and narrow it down from there. You will need your model number and type, to find your diagram.
  5. Lockasiam

Am I as stupid as I think I am?

The 3 hp engine's governor is an air vane that is externally mounted on the block. From what I have read the 3 hp is smaller than 4-5 hp engines. So the 3 hp is smaller and doesn't have a hole in the block for the mechanical governor.
  6. Lockasiam

B&S 3.5 carb help

What's the model and type engine number
  7. Lockasiam

Seal confusion

If you take your engine model and type and go to propartsdirect.net and go to "parts diagrams." Use your model number and find diagrams for your engine. This is how I found the seals for my engine
  8. Lockasiam

advancing cam timing on a briggs flat head

I might be like 10 years late, but I did a full rebuild on a 5 hp flattie and I accidentally got the timing mark off 1 tooth and it ran real crappy. Hope I helped
  9. Lockasiam

Gas cap

My gas cap on 5hp briggs went bad. What's on it is This. It is intended for 2-4 hp engines. I can upgrade to one of These for 5-11 horse engines. I want it to look original but if the 5-11 horse cap is better I will happily switch.