Recent content by madtom421

1. madtom421

Predator 301cc 8hp stock timing

Giving this a bump, never got a answer. I even called HF technical support and they are not provided any information by the manufacturer on specs for the motor.
  2. madtom421

Predator 301cc 8hp stock timing

Would anyone know what the stock timing is on HF predator 8hp engines (hemi head). Can't find it anywhere online. Would it be the same as a gx270? 20degrees? The cam I'm running is a 275 which needs 28 degrees timing. The 6627 flywheel has no timing advance. I just want to make sure I'm running...
  3. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

New rod installed. Motor runs strong but it seems like the engine makes more noise than before. Everything was torqued down and checked for clearance. Doesn't seem to have any excessive vibrations. Doesn't sound like rod knock more valve train. Maybe it's just how the new cam sounds? Tommy tech...
  4. madtom421

Project 301

Figure I'd update this here's the finished product as it sits now. Rebuilding the engine in my " straighten pushrod" thread
  5. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

Not looking for any huge rpms maybe around 6-6500 hopefully. I'm running a 40 series torque converter. Stock carb with larger jet.
  6. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

This cam only calls for 32# springs, these are 50# springs in the kit (blue stripe) i think i have some 35# springs would those be a better choice?
  7. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

I purchased the stage 2 predator hemi 301kit from gopowersports. They don't give you any information on the parts in the description. The rod and flywheel are from a gx270, the cam is from a gx390. The kit came with duel springs which equals 65# and meant for the 308 cam option. I'm just using...
  8. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

Motor specs predator 301 hemi head 8hp stock length billet rod, billet flywheel, .275 cam, 50# springs? (Gopowersports didn't specify the # in there kit I'm assuming 50#) stock compression.
  9. madtom421

Straighten pushrod

I'm building a predator hemi 301 8hp motor. I wanted to upgrade the pushrods and had to buy a cut yourself kit as they don't make a direct size pushrod for this motor. I didn't know the correct way of inserting the ball end into the rod and pressed it instead of hammering it in. Needless to say...
  10. madtom421

Which belt for tav2 7" driven clutch

The 994-80 fits perfect!
  11. madtom421

Cheapest I could find on ebay shipped, walmart.com wants $30 for a belt. I can buy in bulk and get a better deal but only want 1 to see if its correct.
  12. madtom421

I went and ordered the 994-80 belt, I trust my new measurement, $10 shipped I can take the risk. I'll report back when the belt arrives
  13. madtom421

Now that I have the 7" driven mounted (ebay parts never fit out the box) I have the 6 13/16" center to center. Just so I'm correct I should go 1 belt size above to compensate for the bronze bushing? Come on guys I know this has been done before, can someone explain why belt 994-80 is 1/8 too...
  14. madtom421

This is the chart I'm using, am I measuring wrong?
  15. madtom421

Which belt would you suggest?