Recent content by mckutzy

1. M

Vintage Briggs

Lets see the drive end?????
  2. M

Kill switch issues.

Does the existing red kill switch work??? If so... Another way is to connect inline to ground, a momentary push button switch, from the low oil relay.... Leave the wiring as stock, Just unplug the green one from the block, attach and route a wire to the switch where ever, make a good contact...
  3. M

front drum brakes

Id say off hand, need to make a link to the fork from the back plate of the brake.... Instead of a link, you might need to make a custom bracket for the backplate, to keep it stationary... If you can rotate(if need be) the actuation arm, to a position where it can be used effectively. All these...
  4. M

New style frame doodlebug db30r exhaust

Off hand Im not sure, but as of late Ive thinking about getting some of these for this kinda situation... https://www.amazon.com/Muffler-Deflector-18331-ZE3-810-for-HONDA/dp/B001OKBFCC
  5. M

How about a timing advance?

This is really cool... would this kinda setup work for a clone type engine??
  6. M

Predator gas tank

If your talking about the plastic 90*fitting with the tube.. Id see no reason why not... It is however a small hole to gas up with..
  7. M

Compression issue after mods. Think I broke my hand.

This is the stock cam with comp release... If it doesnt have this, its probably meant to be started by, an outside electric starter...
  8. M

Predator idle/clutch issue

A typical cent bushing clutch, should be oiled every 2hrs of use...
  9. M

limiting heat distorsion

Also...Depending on the joint design, one could use a copper backing bar. This helps alot to wick away heat, especially with plug welds and other bigger gap joints on flat bar(if you have loose measurement of stock...
  10. M

Jackshaft

Depending on the size of shaft used, one could use a 10-20-12-38, or a 10-24-12-38 combo's for a good start... Here's a calc... https://affordablegokarts.com/pages/gear-ratio-calculator
  11. M

Power Fist 196cc

I don't know off hand... But they're the same as any other clone engine... Pretty simple...
  12. M

Retarding a cam What does it do on a 212cc??

Here's a tool kit that will help with the twisting of the cam gear on the crank... Tool, Crank Cam Gear Twister [KW-Twist] - $179.99 : Kart Works Canada , Online Store
  13. M

What Source and Type for Exhaust Tubing?

Grind or sand blast the joints before welding... Mind you if it's all going to be chromed, might aswell as blast the length you'll need, then it'll be all good for welding and such...
  14. M

Knife edge crank

Im going to guess at he's referring to balancing a shaft... Usually done with 2 parallels thin to a knife edge.... Did some similar work with electric motor rotors and armatures...
  15. M

Difference between clone and predator

At Canadian tire... They sell the Rato brand 212 clone, which is the unbranded parent of the Predator line engines sold at HF. As I understand it is a non-hemi pred motor, so the appropriate parts will fit.