Recent content by MiniDan99

1. MiniDan99

Cyntrifugal clutch washer ?????? (for a 79cc predator )

Where can I get the crankshaft shoulder washer that goes between the clutch and the crank shoulder ? I cant find it, and I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be one. Project: Western Flyer SS300 with a new 79cc predator. Thanks, Dan
  2. MiniDan99

Chain doesnt line up: Western Flyer SS300 gets a 3hp Predator

This is a photo of a bike with the same conversion - don't have a photo of the chain side of the bike. I have a SS300 that needed an engine....so the 3hp Predator seemed the logical choice, but the chain doesn't line up. It almost looks like I need add a jackshaft to make it work. The engine is...
  3. MiniDan99

Valve guide (exhaust) seems loose HSSK50-67394S 5hp

Ole - thanks for the good info and photos. My valve has a .243" stem, so it must be the smaller one (Which makes sense, the engine is a later model). I think I'm going to put in the bronze guide rather than try and put the 1/32" over-sized valve in.....I just think its worth the extra work...
  4. MiniDan99

The latest plan...... I'm thinking about reaming the steel guide oversized (or removing it all together) and pressing in a solid bronze rod, and drill/ream to size for a stock exhaust valve (#36471). Then have my local shop recut the seat for the new valve. What do you guys think of this plan...
  5. MiniDan99

Bronze valve guide liner for small frame

I found this post searching for ideas on how to fix my own engine (Tecumish HSSK50-67394s). I have a low-time show blower that has a bad exhaust guide - around .025" side to side movement. I'm thinking about reaming the steel guide oversized (or removing it all together) and pressing in a...
  6. MiniDan99

Thanks Ole, appreciate it. It looks to me like the valves sit vertically on this engine (thank God!) so thats going to make it so much easier to fixture when the time comes. I have a couple of Briggs engines for my kids minibike an the valves sit at some kind of angle...wish I knew what...
  7. MiniDan99

I just checked with a magnet...its a pressed-in steel guide.
  8. MiniDan99

Oversized exhaust valve..... Yes thats correct, I have the small exhaust valve version. The stem measures around .243". I left the valve at work, but the seat diameter is approximately. 780" I took a closer look at the seat and it almost looks like a pressed-in guide...i'll try and...
  9. MiniDan99

So it sounds like the valves sit vertically(not an angle) in the block so I could put the block on a bridgeport mill for the reaming part ? I've seen information out there where people have used Briggs #19269 to install bronze bushings in place rather than put oversize valve in....to me this...
  10. MiniDan99

Dr. Shop Teacher - thank you for such a detailed answer, I appreciate it sir ! Looks like I'm buying more tools......
  11. MiniDan99

I'm on a small tablet so its hard to search these things so I'm hoping someone knows off-hand. I removed this engine from my snowblower because I thought the head gasket was gone, but nope...it seems to be the absence of any valve lash (exhaust valve only)..which i think i can handle...
  12. MiniDan99

Camshaft lobe orientation

Anyone know the cam lobe orientation in degrees from the dot on a 5hp Briggs engine. Modeling one up in CAD
  13. MiniDan99

Different carb for the flatty

Can you tell me what intake and carb you are using.......I have one to do this with also :) Thanks, Dan.
  14. MiniDan99

Different carb for the flatty

Can you tell me what intake and carb you are using.......I have one to do this with also :) Thanks, Dan.
  15. MiniDan99

5 hp flat head for my western flyer mini bike project

The piston is absolutely a wear surface !