Recent content by Nebraska03

1. Nebraska03

Square Tubed Minibike Frame project

It's currently sitting in my folks shed for now. Life happened and I've had to focus more on work, etc. But I would eventually like to get back to it, put a bigger gas tank on it, etc. I have a 2-quart fuel tank I had pulled off a mid-60's Briggs 5-hp in a scrap yard, but had trouble mounting...
  2. Nebraska03

@Lizardking , thank you. That is the best representation I've seen of what my minibike should look like. Much appreciated!
  3. Nebraska03

@Lizardking , I agree with you, but I always wondered why my bike was 'squared off', for lack of better words, instead of rounded frame corners like the Hot Dog. Suppose it could have been a prototype?
  4. Nebraska03

@Lizardking , thank you for the info! I have no idea what engine my bike came with originally, but I am guessing it was a Tecumseh.
  5. Nebraska03

Good Morning, I haven't posted in a long time, yet again. I still have the square tubed minibike, but haven't had the time to really do anything with it in a long while. Keeping it in the shed until I get time and space to work on it again. Just checking in. Anyone else here happen to find...
  6. Nebraska03

05/07/2020- This evening I took the flywheel off and checked the points. They actually looked really good, but I gave them a light sanding anyway with a piece of 600 grit. Sanded the flywheel, and sanded the ends of the magneto. Put the rototiller throttle cable back on it so I could be able...
  7. Nebraska03

Square pipe mini bike anybody ever seen one?

I know this is an older thread, but I think I might have your minibike's "Twin." Interestingly, the previous owner of my minibike was from California, and brought it with him when he was stationed on the east coast in the military. Look up user "Nebraska03" and there's a few pics of my...
  8. Nebraska03

Holy moly! Another one in existence? Amazing! I still have mine. Where did you find this minibike? It needs work and TLC. It ran well for a long while, but it got put out in the tractor shed when life got busy. It really needs a paint job, maybe this summer. Cleaned the carburetor...
  9. Nebraska03

Hey, I know it's been a very long time (a couple years at least) since my last post here. I still have my square tube framed minibike, but it has unfortunately spent a good long while living in the shed, with the occasional ride around the yard to keep it running. It's been a busy/hectic past...
  10. Nebraska03

Reposted pocketbike and lawntractor transmission ideas

Hey, that looks cool! Neat idea! Were there any problems with the engine running/facing backwards? Which direction did the shaft have to turn to make it go forward in those 3 speeds? (I'm imagining myself assembling something and then realizing it goes forward in 1 speed, and having 3...
  11. Nebraska03

One of the main reasons I thought about using a lawn tractor transmission was that the particular one I have available has a horizontal side input shaft, instead of the regular vertical shaft on top. Here's a diagram of it here. Look for part #39, it's the horizontal input shaft. The only...
  12. Nebraska03

It probably is easier, but in some ways, that's what got me into doing this minibike project in the first place, the challenge of it all. I guess what it comes down to, I enjoy being able to tinker and and make adjustments, and see if something works or not. I think the lawn tractor...
  13. Nebraska03

Just curious if anyone has ever tried mounting a "pocket bike" transmission to an engine on a minibike to be used in place of a torque converter or jack shaft? Also, I had an idea involving a lawn tractor gearbox. (Doubt it would work, but I had to share). I have "access" (gotta go dig it up...
  14. Nebraska03

Question about the height of a 5hp Briggs flathead.

Yep, makes sense to me. I'll check my frame out and let you know how it looks, clearance-wise.
  15. Nebraska03

Question about the height of a 5hp Briggs flathead.

Yep, 12-5/8". You would have thought that there would be blueprints or drawings available online for the purpose of measuring the physical size of these engines, haha. DZLBIKE, do you know what the space from the front mounting bolt holes to the middle of the center of the sparkplug hole is...