Recent content by novaracer

1. novaracer

Whats your weather doing???

We set a record for the most snow in January in recorded history here. But we have 6 to8 coming In the next 24hours . We have had wind chills of -32 this is getting out of hand:censure:
  2. novaracer

14cc gx160 porting tips/pics

I think I just might build a hemi for my snow blower with a bmjr cam I could use more power with all the snow we are getting
  3. novaracer

Boy I didn't think you would make it that easy but nice shelby but it shows some wet flow rotation this is becoming a very good topic now. :thumbsup:
  4. novaracer

I wounder what the csa is on that head. But a lot of times a head that has good cfm and fps just doesn't make the power you would think. You still need some rotation and but what direction?
  5. novaracer

Yes now your on the right track
  6. novaracer

It's not a lot but some rotation is good.
  7. novaracer

And you can have swirl without a massive ramp you have port shape combustion chamber and boundary layer also. If you want to get picky think about lift at the valve and valve seat angles that will take advantage of low lift or high lift flow 30 degree vs 45 vs 50 ect. If you plan it out for what...
  8. novaracer

I am not a porter but I have done enough to know that no matter how well a port flows it means nothing if the choke point is the pipe or intake/carb. You have to make it all work together! And if you build a good flowing head with a carb and pipe to match but pick a cam that never takes...
  9. novaracer

When you're flush there toilet there water swirls moving more water than if it didn't:thumbsup:
  10. novaracer

Correct me if I am wrong:thumbsup:
  11. novaracer

I say remove the guide and make the roof shape match the ssr. Without a bench that is the best rule of thumb and remember the throat diamond should be around 85 to 90 percent of the valve diameter:wink: and the porter trick is emery cloth to get that short side radius shape right. Now the...
  12. novaracer

You need some swirl. :wink:
  13. novaracer

Bump stick of choice?

make sure you recheck your valve lash too tight will make the engine very hard to start. I just set mine at .006 on both but I make sure I turn the engine over a few times and recheck. And I just run a after market msd automotive plug wire
  14. novaracer

Clutch stall?

Nope too small
  15. novaracer

Clutch stall?

Stock engine use the stock clutch