Recent content by Old scoot

1. Old scoot

Baja doodlebug front wheel

Did you receive the PM I sent to you? It was the first time I used the pm, not sure if it went.
  2. Old scoot

Baja doodlebug front wheel

Need a front wheel for a Baja Viper. I have restored/rebuilt three or four of these and as far as I can see the Doodlebug and Viper are one and the same. I find this hard to believe, but I have used calipers to measure my wheel and I feel the hub was welded in crooked with the rims. The wheel...
  3. Old scoot

Baja Doodlebug DB30s serial number

Thanks Chipper !! That is where I thought...or knew. I called the person that bought the bike for the number and told him that, but he said it wasn't there. I'll just ride over tomorrow and get it. I need to order his some parts. Thanks !!!
  4. Old scoot

Baja Doodlebug DB30s serial number

I thought I knew the answer to my question, but was wrong. Where is the serial number located on a DB30S frame ???? Here is thanking you in advance !!
  5. Old scoot

Predator after market jets

I ordered the emulsion tube and the two jets from OldMiniBikes. One jet is a 36 and the other is a 37...question is: how to identify each one...or tell them apart ? Thanks
  6. Old scoot

Manco Thunderbird kickstand

Sorry I'm late answering, had to find a picture and how to upload it. Here is the kind I need, as I said with or without the spring. Thanks, I'm sure you know this, but click on the thumbnail for a larger picture.
  7. Old scoot

Manco Thunderbird kickstand

Need an original kickstand for a Manco Thunderbird. Want one with or without the spring. Thanks
  8. Old scoot

tire pressure

I have restored my wheels and installed new tires...4.10x5 in front and 4.10x6 in rear. On the side of both tires they recommend 24 PSI maximum. What should or is a good "running" or normal tire pressure? If it matters, I weigh 185 to 190 and the engine is a Predator 6.5. Thanks !!!!
  9. Old scoot

Still trying to ID this bike

Thanks Markus and everyone else....I did know about "Karts International", but ya'll put in what I really wanted to know....when it was made, any thing special, etc. I figured it wasn't too old. A neighbor had it stored outside behind a shed for a few years and the paint on it didn't or...
  10. Old scoot

Hey Capgun....please click on "View My Photos" below my avatar. I posted this today because I thought the bike having a brake pedal instead of being on the handlebar might help. Thanks..
  11. Old scoot

I know, still learning about posting pictures. For now, please click on the thumbnail and the picture will come up bigger. Thanks,
  12. Old scoot

A week or so ago I posted a pic of the bike I'm redoing and no one could tell me much about it. Here is one thing I remembered to post to help. Of all the pic, etc., of minibikes I have seen, the brake has always been on the left handlebar. On this bike, it has a pedal on the right side for a...
  13. Old scoot

Tube or Tubeless tire

Thank ya DocDc...like I said, I thought I knew the answer, just needed the verification that comes with experience.
  14. Old scoot

Tube or Tubeless tire

Might be a dumb question....I think I already know the answer, but hopefully some of you more experienced guys know the answer for sure. My six inch rear wheel has split rims (if that is the right term) two sides that bolt together. Can you use a tubeless tire on them? I feel like there...
  15. Old scoot

Can't find any info on this minibike

Thought about leaving it on....I guess I could put something in or on it to dress it up a little bit.